cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Election results are in and the winners are:

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Everyone who watches television. Effective immediately, there will no longer be any political ads polluting the airways. The forecast calls for clear sailing for about a week, then the 2020 crop should start to bloom. Enjoy it while it lasts!
19 REPLIES 19

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
ZINGERLITE wrote:
mich800 wrote:
I got about 10 calls and texts today.

Yea, That's a new trend that has to go!

Every text you got that you do not want just text back “stop” Worked for me.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Wish I had all the money spent on political adds.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Our taxpayer funded national radio broadcaster CBC is obsessed with United States politics.

Seldom is there a newscast that a US politics story is below #3 item.

Last night their long running world current affairs program As it Happens (they interview people actually in the story rather than another reporter or a “panel”) was pre-empted for real time coverage of the US mid term elections complete with D an R people arguing “he said she said”.

I believe the channel got changed to something else accompanied by words along the lines of “WTF is THAT being broadcast live for?!?.”

Rant mode off.

ZINGERLITE
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:

Yea, That's a new trend that has to go!

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
My take is all politicians should work gratis.... Thy should serve for the honor of doing it and

2 year term limits with one relection and then done forever with no pension or favors.

3. No political ads or mailings to clog up landfills.

4. No robo calls

We got more junk mail this year than ever, spam mails, robo calls, every which way but loose.

I fond it amazing how hard they try to get elected and then do nothing but collect a fat salary and try to hang around long enough to get a lifetime pension and health insurance.

Losers, all of them, D's and R's
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
ScottG wrote:
Sweet relief.
Back to seeing ads for drugs with hideous side effects and adult diapers.

Ha ha ha! So true
Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Merrykalia wrote:
You KNOW that the push for the presidential election of 2020 will begin within a couple of weeks.

A couple weeks? Do you really think it will take that long for it to start?

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Phone calls are bad enough but not they're resorting to texting.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
DutchmenSport wrote:
Political ads have stopped on YouTube too.

The $10/month I spend on Google Play music which also removes all ads on YouTube and allows offline caching is easily the best money I spend on entertainment, $12/month for Hulu with no ads is a close second. I'm spending $110/month less than when I had cable and watching 40% more content per hour.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I agree it's horrible. Oregon is one of three states that does not limit spending on campaign ad's. It's been non stop every minute. But wait, there looks like there's going to be a special runoff election or two. So it's not really over.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
You KNOW that the push for the presidential election of 2020 will begin within a couple of weeks. I too am glad it's over and at least in my area, turnout was larger than a regular presidential election.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
Heck with that. I can always change the channel or watch a movie.

I'm glad the phone calls have stopped, so is the answering machine.

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
I wore out the MUTE button on my remote a week ago!
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)