cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dentists in Nogales

joraz
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure if this question is appropriate for this group but here it is. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding a good dentist in Nogales, Sonora? I know a lot us go to Las Algodones but I am a lot closer to Nogales. I've always gotten my dental work done here but the prices have gotten so high that I'm seeking an alternative. Thanks.
jor
09 LazyDaze
3 REPLIES 3

bigorange
Explorer
Explorer
Desert Captain wrote:
I have been using Dental Laser in Nogales for 10 years with excellent results. I have had one root canal, a 3 tooth bridge, two crowns, and numerous fillings over that period and all have been pronounced to be excellent dental work by US dentists {when I was getting a routine cleaning which is about all I can afford on this side of the border}.

The Root canal and 3 tooth bridge were quoted at $4,000 here in Tucson but were $1,218 at DL.
Fillings usually run around $40 a piece, the crowns were $450, a cleaning is $35. Most of their dentists were schooled in the US and they use the same equipment and employ the same techniques as their Norte Americano compatriots. Their waiting room is always filled with Gringo's, especially during snowbird season.

If you do not have dental insurance {like me} you can go to Mexico or learn to gum your food... I find the 100 miles to Nogales {from home} to be a nice ride on my bike {Indian Springfield}. Camping at Patagonia Lake State Park is a great way to cut down on the commute to Nogales... just 12 miles down the road in a gorgeous State Park... Been there done that.

I can't find their business card but just Google them.

:C

Sounds like a great excuse to camp at Patagonia...
Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been using Dental Laser in Nogales for 10 years with excellent results. I have had one root canal, a 3 tooth bridge, two crowns, and numerous fillings over that period and all have been pronounced to be excellent dental work by US dentists {when I was getting a routine cleaning which is about all I can afford on this side of the border}.

The Root canal and 3 tooth bridge were quoted at $4,000 here in Tucson but were $1,218 at DL.
Fillings usually run around $40 a piece, the crowns were $450, a cleaning is $35. Most of their dentists were schooled in the US and they use the same equipment and employ the same techniques as their Norte Americano compatriots. Their waiting room is always filled with Gringo's, especially during snowbird season.

If you do not have dental insurance {like me} you can go to Mexico or learn to gum your food... I find the 100 miles to Nogales {from home} to be a nice ride on my bike {Indian Springfield}. Camping at Patagonia Lake State Park is a great way to cut down on the commute to Nogales... just 12 miles down the road in a gorgeous State Park... Been there done that.

I can't find their business card but just Google them.

:C

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Since price is your only criteria, I wish you luck.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad