cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Brake System

LuckeyUs
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 40' Motorhome & a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a Blue Ox tow bar. We travel to all areas of the country for 6 months each year. What brake system do you recommend?
5 REPLIES 5

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Had two previous brakes. Invisibrake and forget the first one. It was useless as built. I had to completely change how it operated on my H3.

Our new Pickup is pulled with the ReadyBrakes and I can't be happier. No worries about run down batteries making the brake uselss. I have a charge line anyway.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Air brakes are not an issue with ReadyBrake unless your towed has air brakes - never saw a jeep configured that way though. Another reason, ReadyBrake is the best option available. The harder you brake, the more ReadyBrake pulls on your towed's brake pedal. If you're going down a mountain and towed starts pushing on your MH, it's brakes are applied just enough to control it.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

LuckeyUs
Explorer
Explorer
We have AIR BRAKES, so I see that makes a difference. Looking at the Blue Ox Patriot 2. Any suggestions?

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
My preferred system is ReadyBrake by NSA.

I've had mine for well over 20 years without incident. It's completely proportional and requires no power. It connects very quickly and easily and disconnecting is just as easy. I use the breakaway cables too. I have a small LED bulb on my dash that tells me when the brakes on the towed are being applied. Additional cable sets can be installed on other vehicles in case you have more than one towed.

All that plus it's the least expensive auxiliary braking system available.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
we use the Roadmaster

air cylinderhttps://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/braking/brakemaster/brake_m.html

no electric power needed.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.