cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Big Change to ACA in the New Covid Bill

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
Even though I don't like the idea of another 1.9 Trillion dollars, I am going to take advantage of the benefits and that now includes a big change to the ACA. Details are sketchy, but apparently the subsidy cliff is eliminated and subsidies will be available to persons and families earning over the current income cliff of 400% of the poverty level. For us, on a personal level, it means we no longer need to manage our retirement income to below $63,000 where our premium is about $300 a month whereas if our income was $63,001 the premiums would jump to over $2000.00 per month. Much bigger deal to us than a $1400 check.
5 REPLIES 5

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I'm curious how this is RV related.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
The simpliest way to comprehend bills coming from Congress is to remember,,,,,
Every bill WILL be named the opposite of what it is or does.
ie, the most expensive boondoggle in history is named
The Affordable Care Act

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am not going to read the what is it 166 pages give or take of the bill.

But the Democrats, quite logically, want to go to a single payer system, such as (but not necessarly) Medicare for all. No exceptions...
Now some folks talk about the cost of such a program (And if you only look at one side of the ledger it is staggering)

Study after study has shown that due to the ability of such a system to counter the GREEED of Big Pharma and other Big Health Care companies this program sould cost about a NEGATIVE trillion every 5-10 years.. Uh. Negative? Yup it's that much cheaper than what we have now which I might is a couple billion a year cheaper than what we had 16 years ago.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
From NPR

Only way this seems relevant is the OP hasn't reached Medicare eligibility yet?

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
I don't see anything HERE regarding what you said !