cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

At the CG do you mainly use the CG showers or your RV's?

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
Last time we were at a CG I noticed quite a few CG showers, you had to introduce quarters to take a shower.
How many of Y'all use the CG showers? Do some of you Exclusively use your RV's shower?
109 REPLIES 109

rowekmr
Explorer
Explorer
Been camping in the TT since 2007 and we haven't used a campground shower yet. We were so enamored with the TT we use everything on it. My parents who full timed in a MH though would use the showers and/or facilities at the campgrounds.
10 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost
07 Lincoln Navigator
00 Newmar Dutch Star 3851

w8lpn
Explorer
Explorer
It mainly depends on the situation. We regularly camp at our local state park. No water hookups, so we will use the CG facilities, they are kept pretty clean. We do have limited water in the trailer but we have also showered in there at the park if in a hurry. When on full hook up or water real close, the trailer shower all the time.

I bought it for the shower to be able to use. Especially when hunting down state. We have a water spigot not far and can tote water to fill up the tank.
2014 Ford F150 5.0
1985 citation 30 ft camper
Husky WDH with sway control

ttempleton
Explorer
Explorer
Rv everytime
Templeton
2003 DP Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PST

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I both love our RV shower with it's variable needle spray telephone shower head, but when we're on no water and/or sewer sites at state or federal parks, we will use their facilities at times if they're up to our standards of cleanliness.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
At the CG do you mainly use the CG showers or your RV's?

I have a very nice large shower in my MH. Which was one of 'the' reasons I bought it.

But being on the road full time I just have the need periodically to take a shower with 'blasting water pressure and real real hot water' from time to time!

So I am a yes on CG showers but only if they are near pristine clean. :W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Never_2_late
Explorer
Explorer
I use my RV shower exclusively. Used to use camp showers but that got old quickly. Once got to the camp shower and had forgotten soap, another time forgot a towel would you believe! I decided I luv my RV shower and use it! DW will go to the camp shower but that's her choice.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have an acquaintance that refuses to use his toilet/black tank. Claims it will increase his resale value! Im like 'how will you prove you didn't use it?'

I use everything in my RV as much as I can. That's what it was designed for.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guess we don't understand folks who buy stuff they can't use much.

We use everything in our RV, whether it be in a commercial campground or out in in the middle of nowhere in a natural spot. The shower comes in real handy for washing the dog, washing us, and storing clothes in between. The last time I checked, RV's cost a bit of money. Small but fully loaded is what a self-contained RV is supposed to be about. We actually consider it somewhat of a challenge to live camping like we do at home ... except for not having to do stick-house chores every morning when we get up.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
IndyCamp wrote:
I don't understand why anyone with an RV would shower in the CG showers.

Why pay for something and not use all of it?

We mostly camp at state parks with only electric hookups, and we still shower in our rig. That's what hoses, fresh water canisters, and gray water totes are for.

Holy moly, my campground shower days ended when I stopped tent camping.

19 yrs camping and we have hardly ever used our rv shower, its juse to small. At this point in our lives we camp based on value & experience and not material. Also I keep a low overhead which I can get out of camping quickly/cheaply if I were to choose so.

Life is a 2 way street, we try to plan for both directions, just my viewpoint. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Kittykath wrote:
We'll only use our RV shower when we have to. And it's so small that we practically have to grease the walls to use. Glad I'm not a germaphobe or have a problem with needing 100% privacy, because we look forward to hot showers with a little elbow room in the CG showers.

Agreed! When we DID have a Class C with a shower, it was tiny (impossible to shave my legs) and served us better as a closet.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Neither my current van conversion, nor our previous truck camper included a shower. I have showered in some pretty "interesting" places including a converted semi trailer with a massive spider for a showermate....lol! All I ask for is a bit of warm water and a smidge of privacy. I'm kind of a low-maintenance woman....
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Never used a shower in any campground including the resort we have wintered in for 14 winters for a total of 8.08 years sleeping in our 2001 alpenlite. Always felt sorry for others that need to shower in a public place.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Lexx
Explorer
Explorer
This is the reason I'm looking at toy haulers. The Grand Design Momentums carry 140+ gals of water.

No way am I using campground showers. I'll haul extra water with us if I need to. That's why I got the F450.
2017 Ruby Red Platinum F450 - my kids call her "Big Red"
2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Since we're in a cozy little B now, the answer is "it depends". Like some others, I'll go in and have a look at the showers. If they're very clean I'll use them and stay in that hot water a loooong time. If they're more typical, then it's back to the navy shower in the rig. Either way, I've got a clean place.

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
I shower in my own bathroom which just happens to be in my motorhome which is my home.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad