cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anything we can do to when people abuse overnight parking?

Playtime_II
Explorer
Explorer
Last month while talking with our RV storage lot manager he mentioned that an owner of a 90's era Class A moved out of town awhile back so he told the manager to sell it for whatever and keep the money.

Well, it sold (buyer paid for it). The day finally came for the buyer to take it, they were a no-show. Turns out they needed a few extra days as the guy was still in jail. He finally got out and then started living out of the RV at the storage lot. Last Sunday, once the manager finally pressed with summoning police the RV hitched to an open trailer stuffed w/ **** left the lot. They left a old jetski on the grass and a pile of trash.

Well guess what is now parked at our local Walmart for the last week and a half?
Playtime IV
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ
65 REPLIES 65

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I guess that'll do it for this topic.

Closed.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

SparkDr
Explorer
Explorer
chorbelt wrote:

The majority of these people commit property crimes (mail theft, B&E, car prowls, etc.) to get by on. Not too mention the drug use and prostitution.

I'm going to have to try this criminal activity lifestyle. I've had quality, well-paying jobs my entire life and still don't seem to have any money left over for drugs and prostitution. I'm jealous...:C
May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut up whenever I get too caught up in my own misconceived brilliance.

Greydog_1
Explorer
Explorer
????This should about end it all

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
leave it alone, as it is not your business truly ๐Ÿ™‚

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Part of the problem is it's hard to tell the difference between someone who happens to be less fortunate, and someone who's gaming the system. Many people feel sorry for the former, but have little use for the latter.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I guess you can join them so you can take advantage of free parking.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
If the property is in good shape and desirable, the county will be on it in a heartbeat. They don't really want to mess with something that will cost them money to get rid of.

Very desirable neighborhood. Upper middle class. No.. my city and county is worthless in this regard.

Grandmother/mother bought it for her daughter/grand kids. Then she passed away due to cancer. Everyone moved to up north to Atlanta. Law firm 'managing' it from California. I thought it could be part of an estate dispute, but it's been at least 8 years. Trust me.. the taxes get paid 'just in time'. Meanwhile we have to constantly complain to the city about it, and end up doing the yard maintenance ourselves because it doesn't get done otherwise.

Somehow we got totally off track WRT overnight parking. Whether or not we agree on definition of 'owning' property vice having to pay taxes doesn't really matter.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh, if it were only that easy. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
You can always cut a deal with the Feds for your income tax. Try that with your property tax. And it doesn't take very long at all between not paying your taxes and finding your house for sale on the courthouse steps.

Yes, you should own your home, but the sad part is that you actually don't.

Heres an idea declare your house a church and you dont have to pay taxes..:W

https://www.themonastery.org/ordination

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
I'd love the house next door to me to get confiscated for not paying taxes. It's been abandoned for probably 8 years now. Seems like the owner knows exactly how long to wait before that happens. I've watched it and he's generally two years behind before he pays that particular year.

In my city they charge interest for late tax payments..it adds up quick if you wait..

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
DSteiner51 wrote:
free radical wrote:

Thats sad,if true,,however if your home isnt paid off by the time youre 84...you should sell it and buy some cheaper one!

One never "owns" there home whether it is paid off in full or not. Just paid my taxes this week which has increased 6x while my wages increased 3x. Many retirees are in much worse shape and with all other expenses also climbing simply can not afford the rapid increase in taxes (rent to government). If the rent isn't paid they are kicked out of the homes THEY paid for.

Until governments get their acts together this situation will only get worse. If you aren't part of the solution then YOU are part of the problem. MYOB unless you are willing to help.

My house utility bills including property tax are 350- 400$ month..
I get 1200$ month pension..
I also have enough saved to live on and travel too..btw medicare is free in my province.

My point still stands,,IF someone cant afford their house they need to buy cheaper one..even it means moving to smaller town out of the city,

Its that simple..
And I agree if its not on your property dont worry about it,only when someone does something illegal call the law..

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the property is in good shape and desirable, the county will be on it in a heartbeat. They don't really want to mess with something that will cost them money to get rid of.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd love the house next door to me to get confiscated for not paying taxes. It's been abandoned for probably 8 years now. Seems like the owner knows exactly how long to wait before that happens. I've watched it and he's generally two years behind before he pays that particular year.
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can always cut a deal with the Feds for your income tax. Try that with your property tax. And it doesn't take very long at all between not paying your taxes and finding your house for sale on the courthouse steps.

Yes, you should own your home, but the sad part is that you actually don't.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"