cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

12 volt transfer pump

04fxsts
Explorer
Explorer
We decided to replace the MH with a smaller TT, we are done traveling so it is a better fit. We own our own camping spot on a local river so it will sit there most of the summer unless the river floods then it will come home. Got a portable waste tank I can bring home and dump in our septic system. I will need to fill the fresh water so I am looking for a 12 volt pump for that. Anyone have a setup that works well for them? Thanks in advance, Jim.
14 REPLIES 14

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 12 volt pump from Northern tools which hooks up to the battery. It works well since my water inlet is by the front of the trailer.I fill up a 6 gallon portable tank and then pump the water from there into the water fill on the camper.It works well.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
shureflow revolution.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Duke-44
Explorer
Explorer
ktmrfs wrote:

Works great and game me a reason to replace the noisy OEM TT water pump. Put a higher quality, quieter pump as the main pump and used the old OEM as the one in the pass through.

What pump did you buy to replace it?

04fxsts
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to check back, good idea getting a pump that will replace the one in the TT. Also like the idea of being able to suck water with the existing pump. will have to get better acquainted with the pluming. Jim.

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
This with a pump is pretty painless.

Fill Adapter

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use a 35 gallon sitting in my truck , it is high enough to GRAVITY flow into TT .

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
I use a 40-gallon water tank mounted in my truck with a Harbor Freight, SS transfer pump $59 for the pump.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are many suitale transfer pumps.. I suggest the Bladder and Surflo. It's not that expensive. It is a known good pump and here is the real kicker.

Heaven forbid the on-board water pump in the RV fail..

IT IS A SPARE.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Not cheap, but self contained portable. Milwaukee makes a battery operated pump.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Doesnโ€™t usually garner many responses. Maybe either because most of the rvnet contingent arenโ€™t into water sports or maybe they think their home made setups are better. But a very easy simple setup is a wakeboat ballast bag or bags and ballast pump.
Quick high volume, durable and plug n play.
I used to use one of our bags when camping with the TC. If we needed to pack extra water in to the back country with the camper still on the truck (and kids in the back seat) Iโ€™d fill a 400lb bag on the back seat floor. Supplied hose with the pump and the cord were long enough to reach the cig lighter for power and the filler on the camper.
If camper unhooked, Iโ€™d put 800lbs of H2O sacks in the truck bed (or back seat) and bring in enough water to dry camp for a week like the water was freeโ€ฆ Nice luxury for the wife to not have to take navy showers in the woodsโ€ฆ.
Just like other bladders they fold up small for storage. Bonus is you have a plug n play setup and you can get virtually any size/shape of bag you want vs the โ€œbladdersโ€ which are typically flat and take up more floor space.
You can easily rig a pump and hoses etc to pump out of buckets, barrels, jugs etc as well.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Since we dry camp a lot with sites with remote water I came up with this solution.

a) mount a RV water pump in our pass through near the water inlet
b) wired the pump in with on/off switch
c) outlet tee into the fresh inlet line
d) inlet flexible tubing with SS dip tube

I use the blue 7 gallon water jugs, stick the dip tube into the weater jug, turn on the pump.

Works great and game me a reason to replace the noisy OEM TT water pump. Put a higher quality, quieter pump as the main pump and used the old OEM as the one in the pass through.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I thought modern RVs had a place to suck antifreeze out of jug, pump it thru systems. If you stuck that in a tank of fresh water would it know the difference?
Before go to refill portable tank use outside shower to MT into gravity fill.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I added a 3-port valve to the inlet of our onboard water pump that let's me draw water from portable water tanks to refill the onboard tank using the existing fill/use valve.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
04fxsts wrote:
We decided to replace the MH with a smaller TT, we are done traveling so it is a better fit. We own our own camping spot on a local river so it will sit there most of the summer unless the river floods then it will come home. Got a portable waste tank I can bring home and dump in our septic system. I will need to fill the fresh water so I am looking for a 12 volt pump for that. Anyone have a setup that works well for them? Thanks in advance, Jim.

I bought a 40 gallon water bladder and a ShurFlo water pump. The pump is identical to the one that is in my TT. I put a male hose connector on both the pump inlet and the pump outlet. I also attached battery clamps and an ON/OFF switch to a long cord to the pump. All of that is in this plastic container. (Note that I DID fuse the power cord.)

I use a hose to fill the water bladder, and close it off with a hose end shut off valve. Then I drive to the TT and hook that same hose end up to the input side of the pump, and my regular "fill the water tank" hose to the pump outlet. I then hook the pump to the battery, turn on the switch, and it fills my 40 gallon water tank in minutes. No lifting water jugs.

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB