cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What apps are good to have?

miller2540
Explorer
Explorer
I just updated my cell phone and lost all of my apps. I remember that I had Good Sam, RV Parky, Sanidumps, and KOA. I think I had more but can't remember what they were. What are some good and useful apps that are out there? Any help will be appreciated.
17 REPLIES 17

miller2540
Explorer
Explorer
I traded it in and they wiped it clean. Thank you for all of your help ๐Ÿ™‚

SCClockDr
Explorer
Explorer
miller2540 wrote:
I just updated my cell phone and lost all of my apps. I remember that I had Good Sam, RV Parky, Sanidumps, and KOA. I think I had more but can't remember what they were. What are some good and useful apps that are out there? Any help will be appreciated.
what became of your old one? Unless it was lost or died the info you seek is on it.
George & Cathy
08 Titanium 28E33SA, XM, Honda EU 3000is, Trimetric, RotoChocks, LP Reg. Mod, 2 Gal Accum., WiFiRanger GO2/Mobile
04 Ram 3500 5.9 DRW, PAC PRXB E/B, 4" MBRP SS Exhaust, Gauges, Aux Tank/box, BrakeSmart.
ETCS (ss) USN Ret

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
Don't forget that the more apps you put on your phone the more data they eat up and it IS a lot of data that you are paying for and not having access to.

I have a Moto cell phone and it actually shows how much of your data each app is using just sitting there.

I don't remember my iPhone ever providing that info! :W

Real obvious that one places apps on a cellphone that one would use.
For the record, with newer cellphones, apps can be prevented from using data "just sitting there". No need to not have apps on the phone but yes, cellphone user needs to have a clue and adjust phone settings to prevent unwarranted data usage.

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
TNGW1500SE wrote:
Must have WAZE

X2

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
Must have WAZE

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
My favorite campground finders are AllStays Camp & RV and The Ultimate Campground List for non commercial campgrounds.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget that the more apps you put on your phone the more data they eat up and it IS a lot of data that you are paying for and not having access to.

I have a Moto cell phone and it actually shows how much of your data each app is using just sitting there.

I don't remember my iPhone ever providing that info! :W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

PyrateSilly
Explorer
Explorer
The ones I have right now are:
GasBuddy - for gas/diesel prices
GoodRX - for when insurance won't pay and/or the discount may be bigger than what you get thru insurance
Pandora - for different music stations, free if you are ok with some ads every now and then
Audible - for books to listen to while driving
The Weather Channel - for weather on the go
CoachNet and Progressive - claims and help information at your fingertips
Base Directory, AllStays CRV Military, UC Military - all in helps of finding bases with FamCamps
Rest Stops - Locates rest areas along your route with how far they are
Hotels.com and Agoda - used both for hotels while traveling both in the US and the UK
My Credit Union apps - which ever bank/credit union you have I would access their apps to keep an eye on accounts while on the road fast
Abigail and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
magicbus wrote:
Ones that don't require access to everything on your phone like contacts, call records, email...:( Dave

Sadly, that would be all of them.

This is my favorite Park CG app.
Oh Ranger!
http://www.ohranger.com/

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Google Traffic
Weather Underground
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Ones that don't require access to everything on your phone like contacts, call records, email...:(

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
If you didn't have it, get Raindar. It is really good for finding out what the weather is doing FAST. There are better weather apps, but put this one on the home screen.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
If you didn't have it, get Raindar. It is really good for finding out what the weather is doing FAST. There are better weather apps, but put this one on the home screen.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

APT
Explorer
Explorer
Google Play "remembers" all your downloads for Android based OS. For iOS, I recommend quarterly backups to a PC via iTunes. I have used both methods for very easy device replacements with minimal down time.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)