cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New RV New Installation

dhuse
Explorer
Explorer
How hard can it be to connect a Dish system to a '19 Forza that is "Satellite TV ready"? Going to install a Winegard Travler on the roof and hoping for reception on the main and bedroom TVs with 2 each 211 receivers.

Thanks

Doug
14 REPLIES 14

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
dhuse wrote:
TechWriter, You mentioned Hopper and Joey and I wouldn't need so many wires. I went to Dish website but I didn't find what those components do. Could you elaborate, please?

Here you go . . .

You get the Hopper 3 and Joey 2's thru DISH and the DPH42 and Hybrid Solo Hub through Dish Depot.

2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
dhuse wrote:
How hard can it be to connect a Dish system to a '19 Forza that is "Satellite TV ready"? Going to install a Winegard Travler on the roof and hoping for reception on the main and bedroom TVs with 2 each 211 receivers.

Thanks

Doug

If you can stand SD in the bed room and only watch one TV at a time, one 211K will do the job. The 211K has HDMI, composite, component & coax outputs.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

dhuse
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph, Thanks for the explanation. Things make sense to me now. I guess it was a pipe dream hoping the cables were pre run to the roof.

dhuse
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter, You mentioned Hopper and Joey and I wouldn't need so many wires. I went to Dish website but I didn't find what those components do. Could you elaborate, please?

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
dhuse wrote:

And how many cables are needed to connect the dish to the two TVs?

You need one cable from the Travler to each 211 receiver. So in your case 2 cables.

Since a DISH Travler has 3 output cables, you could potentially connect 3, 211 receivers.
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The cables for a Trav'ler installation are NEVER there unless the coach manufacturer specifically said it is wired for a Winegard Trav'ler. Satellite Ready means IT IS NOT wired for a Trav'ler. If it's wired for a dome that usually means 1-2 coax cables and a 12V power supply. The Trav'ler requires its own 6-wire control cable that will not be there. Sometime Winnebago "satellite ready" setup means there is a place where you can drill a hole and run the cables to the place 1 satellite receiver is expected to be installed. If that's the case it would not be so bad unless you plan to use more than 1 hard wired receiver.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Here is the link to Winnebago website. In the lower right corner you can download all your manuals and diagrams for your RV.
Every Winnebago RV owner should go here and download their manuals that way it will save several days asking people on forums "how do I"

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
LOL....."satellite TV ready" in the RV industry is nothing but marketing lingo and usually means they put an additional jack on the exterior with a sticker that says satellite, then ran a piece or coax to somewhere inside with cheap connectors crimped on incorrectly by an Elkhardt Indiana pre school class. It looks really good on glossy brochures and manufacturer websites. They also probably used cheap splitters inside that are not power pass, that you have to find and replace.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

dhuse
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter, What I'm trying to ascertain is if the cables are there, nobody would have to pull wire so it should be a piece of cake. If the cables are not there, why would Winnebago sell it as Satellite ready, and then confirm that in a follow-up phone call? And how many cables are needed to connect the dish to the two TVs?

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
dhuse wrote:
TechWriter, Yes, I did speak to someone at Winnebago and they indicated it would be a piece of cake. Technician at the dealership indicates he has to run all of the cables because, based on experience, there is nothing there.

This doesn't sound like an easy install, but at least you're not the one pulling wire.

Since you'll have a Travler, why not trade your 211s in for a Hopper and a Joey?
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

dhuse
Explorer
Explorer
Don, I've had Dish since 2000. On my Fleetwood Storm, I had a Winegard In Motion installed and it worked like a champ. If ever I did find myself isolated from the satellites because of trees, I also carried two tailgaters. (Yes, we do like our television!) And keep in mind that Ore-gun has many more trees than we have here in Southern California! I'm hoping that the roof mounted Winegard 1000 will work just fine.

dhuse
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter, Yes, I did speak to someone at Winnebago and they indicated it would be a piece of cake. Technician at the dealership indicates he has to run all of the cables because, based on experience, there is nothing there.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Travlers, besides being really expensive are only good IF you have a clear view of the southern sky. In over 10 years I personally found the Travler good maybe a handful of times. Of I had realized that I would never have spend the money. I used my grund based dish probsbly 99% of the time. If your going with Dish network your much betyer off buying one of the portable automatic domes. At least with those you can set it out where you have a clear view.

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Did you ask someone at Winnebago yet?
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs