cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GPS died

LaTriker
Explorer
Explorer
My Rand McNally 7710 GPS died today. Need to get another 7" screen GPS. Cannot order as just left today on a one month trip. Plan on being in Salt Lake City on Friday. Any big box stores have good prices on a GPS? Any other suggestions?
13 REPLIES 13

OLYLEN
Explorer
Explorer
Where is the search function on a paper map? How many city maps does one carry? Does the paper map have a rest area function, hhhhmmmm but you do have toilet paper. All in jest.

LEN

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
janechucknicodemus wrote:
Darn ,,,now you will have to rely on a MAP system, that never gives out.:B

Yep. Paper maps, I never leave home without them and, pick up new ones whenever possible. ๐Ÿ™‚

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
ben31rv wrote:
Run "Smart Truck Route II" on your tablet or phone. It works very well and takes you through the truck routes, instead of the normal car routes.

Thanks
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

janechucknicode
Explorer
Explorer
Darn ,,,now you will have to rely on a MAP system, that never gives out.:B

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
AMAZON DELIVERS ANYWHERE. Even to state and national parks. But with UPS you can have the package held for pick up.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
WNYBob wrote:
I feel for you, lost without a GPS.

A long time ago I was using my PDA (when they first came out) as a GPS. I was at a hospital (my wife had an emergency) and someone stole it, I got in the car and said to myself "how do I get back to the hotel"? ? ?

It's a bad feeling of not knowing which way to go. (And yes I had no maps)

I feel for you and your situation.

I hide my Garmin whenever I need to leave my vehicle. It goes into a compartment in the center console.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

ben31rv
Explorer
Explorer
Run "Smart Truck Route II" on your tablet or phone. It works very well and takes you through the truck routes, instead of the normal car routes.
Ben and Doreen
2017 Crusader 315RST
2008 F250 6.4 Supercrew Lariat

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
I have them all.
My iPad has co-pilot, my new car has the dash navigator BUT nothing beats my old Garmin for getting down to the nitty gritty of total route planing.

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
For what it is worth...

Last year my in-dash GPS stopped working - the antenna wire came loose!

Also, I had to order while on the road and I had it sent to local UPS Store.
HTT: 2007 R-Vision Trail Cruiser c191
TV: 2010 Nissan Titan Pro4X Crew Cab

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I feel for you, lost without a GPS.

A long time ago I was using my PDA (when they first came out) as a GPS. I was at a hospital (my wife had an emergency) and someone stole it, I got in the car and said to myself "how do I get back to the hotel"? ? ?

It's a bad feeling of not knowing which way to go. (And yes I had no maps)

I feel for you and your situation.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
Call the RV park you're going to, most will accept and hold Amazon packages.

Bill

x2 We had packages delivered to at least 6 campground this past winter- I got to the point I did not even ask the campgrounds - in one campground UPS delivered to the motor home

I got my garmin 660 from the GPS store on line current price is $289.95
Free shipping

https://www.thegpsstore.com/Garmin-GPS-C78.aspx
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call the RV park you're going to, most will accept and hold Amazon packages.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Get a android tablet 7 or 8 or 10 inch that has built in GPS sensor and wifi. Then download CoPilot to it and you now have a large screen gps and a nice tablet for less money than a gps unit alone.