cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish tailgater

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
My dish tailgater will no pick up all the sat, everything seems to be working when I take the cover off it

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS
5 REPLIES 5

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Busdriver wrote:
My revciver is bad

That would do it as well! Thanks for the update.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
My revciver is bad

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The dome antennas can only "see" 1 satellite at a time. When you have the cover off and you change channels on the TV do you see the antenna move and point toward the different satellites? Are you using more than 1 receiver or a DVR (bad)? Are there any trees in the areas? The 3 satellites span almost 20 degrees of sky.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
The small dish inside the tailgater can have a difficult time locking in all the sats if there are any trees or other potential obstructions. Frequently when I channel surf it will want to search again for sats.

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
Busdriver wrote:
My dish tailgater will no pick up all the sat, everything seems to be working when I take the cover off it

Is the handle pointing north?
Are the cables good?
Are the RV cables good?

Try going straight to the box from the tailgater with a short good cable. KEN
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.