cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Directv getting channel loss 771 but not really

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
I continually get 771 signal loss on 1 at the bottom of my screen. The weather is perfect and CA and CB on signal strength screen all in 90's. No trees in the way.

This has been going on for 2 days. The message at the bottom of the screen comes and goes, becoming aggravating. DirecTV help at 800-531-5000 is not available due to COVID99.

Recorded message I finally got says press channel up twice followed by channel down twice. It works temporarily.
17 REPLIES 17

haydoracin
Explorer
Explorer
We had that problem yesterday morning . . . . Oh Wait . . .it might have been the five inches of snow on the dish.
Hayden & Jan
1994 Southwind 33L P-Chassis 454
2006 Chevrolet HHR
OTY (Mini Dachsund)

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Scratch that about trees. It may be a tulip tree with new growth only about 50 ft. away. It may be infringing on the 103 satellite. I think I can trim it from the ground. Wish I could cut down the messy thing but my wife.......

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
How are your 99 and 103 sats? Best I can suggest is a reboot, but I'm sure you've done that. Or your cables/connectors are failing. That's pretty common.

What's weird here is the Quick tune channel display. I get no icons, just numbers. My other receiver is just fine.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman