cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Allstays app maps

waynefi
Explorer
Explorer
Has the behavior of the Allstays Camp and RV app changed recently?

It used to keep a local copy of all maps, so I could look up campsites anywhere even without a network connection. Now it seems to only have maps for places I have looked up recently. For anywhere else, it will show campsites but no map of where they are.

If I enter a place in the upper right box, it comes up "not found". (Denver CO is not found). Online, it works fine.

I use the app on an iPad, which frequently lacks a network connection, so this is really a problem.
rPod 195
formerly Rockwood MiniLite 1809S
Tacoma V6
4 REPLIES 4

waynefi
Explorer
Explorer
I exchanged emails with Allstays and got a clear answer. The maps are part of Apple's software, not Allstays. The amount of map data that is stored depends on available memory.

Freeing up memory and doing a Hard Reset will increase the map storage. I tried it, it worked.
rPod 195
formerly Rockwood MiniLite 1809S
Tacoma V6

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
If you look up the Allstays app in the App Store and click on Version History, you can see the changes for each update. They should also have an email address so you could contact the developer.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Google has changed their billing on maps. The price is MUCH higher now.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I don't use Allstays to navigate. The GPS function almost always sends me in the wrong direction. I get the address of what I'm looking for in Allstays and punch it into google maps.

Example: We were rolling into Antigo WI looking for propane. Allstays showed a FS gas station with propane south of the campground - it was actually a mile north.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox