cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Interesting new navigation app for Android

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
I just found a newer Android app for navigation that seems pretty interesting. It uses premium HERE maps (just like Garmin) and allows for offline saving of the maps. You can set your vehicle parameters to take length, weight and propane route restrictions into account. The most interesting setting is that you can bypass "truck route" restrictions while still being routed based on vehicle size and weight. That seems perfect for an RV.

This does cost money which is understandable since it's HERE maps. But you can see the calculated route and the ETA in detail without paying. I've been playing around with various routes tonight and it seems to do really well. You can't actually navigate a route though without paying a subscription.

I have no relationship to this company whatsoever.

Here is the link: Google Play Store link
2011 Born Free 22' Class C Rear Side Kitchen
6 REPLIES 6

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
It runs on a tablet. I installed it on this new 9" tablet from Lenovo: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/tablets/android-tablets/lenovo-tab-series/lenovo-tab-m9-(9-inch-mtk)/len103l0016?orgRef=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.google.com%252F

Jim-Linda
Explorer
Explorer
I'll stick with Base Camp for Garmin, hate small screen on phone.

Jim

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
One of the options is a $99 lifetime purchase.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I hate subscription based software. I'm a buyer and not a leaser. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
It's different prices for different subscription lengths. The options are shown when you attempt to navigate a calculated route.

hawkeye-08
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure what actual price is, it says in app purchases from $3.49 to $99.99, wonder what it actually costs (perhaps I missed it).