cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage

beeman1
Explorer
Explorer
Need some ideas on storage. I plan on a full cover for my C but outside so how do I keep the critters out? I live in southern AZ. Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
beeman1 wrote:
Need some ideas on storage. I plan on a full cover for my C but outside so how do I keep the critters out? I live in southern AZ. Thanks

We occasionally had mice enter our 5th wheel. My wife, who hates mice, tried nearly every method suggested to keep them out. Nothing worked.......until! She tried plastic condiment containers with an “X” cut in the lid. Into condiment container was placed a cotton ball, liberally dosed with Peppermint oil! Mice problem solved....and the unit has a nice, mild peppermint smell. We probably have about 15 of these stashed in various places around the 5er. We have done the same thing with our class c.....though, we had never had a mouse issue with it! memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cats and Fox do a good job at my friends camp. He feeds them just enough to keep them around but not so much that they lose their hunting skills.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I’d worry more about the sun than critters down there.
By cover I hope you mean “covered” storage. I’d guess the best soft cover is good for maybe 2 years in the AZ sun.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

DRTDEVL
Explorer
Explorer
Depends upon location.

I never had a critter problem until I moved to Minnesota. Now they eat dryer sheets, Irish Spring, and every other remedy that is supposed to get rid of them.

I have yet to solve the problem.
Resurrecting an inherited 1980 Minnie Winnie 20RG from the dead after sitting since 1998..

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
My DW uses laundry dryer sheets. The cheap ones from Dollar Tree, Etc.

Seems to work.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
For many years I used outside storage lots in Texas and Nevada including gravel, asphalt and concrete pads for my TT with no rodent or critter problems except for occasional wasp nest on the roof air conditioner and underneath the TT giving me a scary nasty surprise so I learned to check often with wasp spray and had mean fun with the devils.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
12 year old with a pellet gun?

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
25+ years of owning RV's....never a rodent. Clean it. Fill any holes you can get to with spray foam.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Best bet is to not make it inviting...get all food out and clean up any spills. With no food or food smells, there isn't much to draw them in.

We also put out some bags of moth balls. You do have to air it out for a few days in the spring but unless you are particularly sensitive, it seems to work well.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
You can't. No matter what you do, some will find their way in.
Some people build moats around them, filled with hungry alligators, but the smart critters use the gators backs as stepping stones to get across.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)