cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No Lp gas coming out the system!

MandJ_01
Explorer
Explorer
Hi guys I have a video of what's going with my lp system. I need help if anyone knows what's going on. It's a 89 Southwind this is my 1st time trying to use it. I've owned it for about 8mos now thanks https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kWE_pxqsXPY
7 REPLIES 7

donfrump
Explorer
Explorer
MandJ_01 wrote:
Thanks guys for all your advice. I did get it working. I just needed to reset the system. By opening the knob slowly. Thanks again

haha just what I was going to suggest.LPG tank shut off valves have a "break away low flow valve" In other words if it gets knocked off in accident the flow of the lpg is shut down to a dribble
so if u open valve too fast the valve sometimes trips,I have had to change a few in my day that got too sensitive and would come on for no reason

MandJ_01
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys for all your advice. I did get it working. I just needed to reset the system. By opening the knob slowly. Thanks again

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
CCI is out of business.
1: You can replace what you have with an alarm only detector and remove the solenoid valve on the propane tank.
2: Replace detector and solenoid valve with a saf-t-alert unit on ebay for aprox $210.00
3: Contact Larry at ccirepairs@gmail.com for pricing and turn around time. I think his repair fee is $100.00, which includes return freight.
The coil on your propane solenoid valve is 9 volt DC. You can smoke it with 12 volts. Most will open with 4.5 volts DC. (3 dry cells in series)
I have one of Larry's repaired detectors on my coach. Good as new.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
You have a CCI propane detector which operates a solenoid which controls the gas flow. Options -- 1) try and fix the propane detector - some have been successful using hair dryer blowing hot air through the detector slot 2) got to propane dealer and have them remove the solenoid 3) jump the solenoid forcing it open but understand that CCI solenoid operates at lower voltage so your 12 volt jump will end up overheating the solenoid - works in a pinch. Also - use the forum search feature because there is a post/reference to someone who fixes the old CCI propane detectors - worth a look.
Kevin

denarmstrng
Explorer
Explorer
Other than the propane solenoid issue, I would crack the vent to make sure there is propane in the tank because the gages really don't work very well.
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 WDS
Dennis and Jelly and 2 red headed Mini-Rottweilers aka Wiener Dogs

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
Your gas detector is not resetting. It is keeping the valve closed until proper reset when the light will flash and no audible will sound. If it is original to the unit, it may have to be replaced because they do age out.
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Look next to the valve and the regulator for a solenoid in the propane line. I believe your rig's LP detector has the function to shut off propane when detector goes off or malfunctions.
You probably need a new propane detector and solenoid. The exact one is not longer available.
LP detector with solenoid
You could get by without the solenoid, but you need the LP detector.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker