cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dc power

rfarkle
Explorer
Explorer
2003 Safari Cheetah. We thought the rocker switch near the entry door was bad, but it tests ok. Then we wanted to check the solenoid, but are not sure if there are two or only one? If there are two, where are they located? Also wondered if there is a separate, manual battery disconnect switch somewhere in the service or battery bay. The dc power was working fine until we took the coach in to have a repair made and now we have nothing. This leads me to believe there may be a shut-off switch the service people used and now it needs to be switched back on. Fuses are good.

There is mention of a battery cut-off switch in the owner's manual, but it refers to the rocker switch near the door.

Moderator's Note: Did you see the Forum Posting Help and Support "Announcement: READ BEFORE POSTING HERE! "

Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions related to issues with Open Roads Forum sites, member profile and photo testing, and for reporting account issues. Please avoid using this forum for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, select the Sub-Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!
RFarkle
10 REPLIES 10

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Be sure to thank the dealership for their excellent work and all of their help trouble-shooting the problem they created!:R
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks for the update!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

rfarkle
Explorer
Explorer
The problem was the dealership put in a new solenoid and didn’t wire it properly. My husband found the solenoid and rewired it and now it works as it should.

Thank you all for your suggestions.
RFarkle

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Could simply be a dead battety

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Could be blown fuse or circuit breaker adjacent to the batteries.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

JR45
Explorer
Explorer
Did you try flipping the rocker switch by the door a few times. My daughter has an 05 Safari Cheetah and when they first got it, we had the same problem. Not knowing the coach it took a while to find the problem. There switch is on the right side going into the coach, mine is on the left side.
JR
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series Cat C9 Samsung 197 RR
Aluminum Radiator was recently replaced with a STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings
SilverLeaf VMS 330
Toad--2011 Ford Edge Sport, Air Force One
:C

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes there is a manual cutoff switch in the house battery compartment...usually on one of the side walls.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

rfarkle
Explorer
Explorer
We do have a salesman switch, which has been tested and is working. The light indicating it is on does not work, however. When the switch is activated it makes a clicking sound somewhere in the rear of the coach. None of the lights, frig, slides etc are operating.

The coach was at the dealership a few days ago to fix a completely different problem. When it left our house, the dc power was fine. When we got it back, it wasn't working.

We also wondered if there is a manual DC on/off switch somewhere (besides the salesman switch) that was turned off by the service people.

The service department at the rv dealership has not been helpful, stating that the solenoid "could be anywhere".
RFarkle

Moved from Forum Posting Help and Support

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Do you have a "salesman" switch by the entry door?
What DC systems are not working?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow