cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Axxerra Radio/Nav issue

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
During a recent trip, I was using the GPS navigation on our new 2018 Miramar. On the first leg of our trip, the navigation screen gave an error message and stopped working. All the other functions of the radio worked (radio, backup camera, etc). Once we got designated, I found a "reset to defaults" setting on one of the menu screens. I did the reset and the nav started working again. On the trip home, I was using the Nav and it locked up again after about 30 minutes. This time, the whole Axxerra system locked up. None of the buttons worked and I couldn't turn off the unit. I stopped at a rest area and turned on the battery disconnect. In the past, if I had the battery disconnect switch in the "store" position, the radio could not be turned on. I put the battery in the store position but the radio was still powered on. I went outside and turned the breaker off that is in the battery compartment. Radio still on. I physically disconnected both house batteries, radio still on. I reconnected the house batteries and then disconnect the chassis battery. RADIO WAS STILL ON! Finally, I. disconnected the chassis battery and both house batteries and the radio powered off.

I guess my question is, does this seem to be wired correctly? After powering off the radio, I left the battery disconnect switch in the store position and the radio wouldn't come on. Turned to then "use" position and radio would come on. This is a head scratcher to me because turning off the house batteries in the store position (when the radio was locked up), wouldn't cut the power to the radio.

Another thing I noticed was when I had the chassis battery disconnected, I still had power to the ignition. I know there is a emergency start switch on the dash that I thought would connect the house batteries to be able to start the motorhome if the chassis battery was dead but it seems that the chassis batteries and house batteries are always connected. Does this seem right? This is our first motorhome so I'm still trying to learn how everything works.

Burch
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)
3 REPLIES 3

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
there is a main wiring harness plug on the back of the axxera that may not be fully plugged into the unit until it locks in causing power glitches that lock it up. there is a yellow wire on that plug that should have power to the radio at all times or you will lose all the settings and stored stations every time you power it down. a red wire on that plug goes to the ignition switch or they may have it wired another way so you can use it when parked. it could be a bad ground on the radio causing the lockups. or your other power problems your describing my have something to do with it.

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
I didn't think this was right. I thought the house batteries and the chassis batteries were supposed to be separate so if you forget and leave a light on inside, it wouldn't discharge your chassis battery. It's already at the dealer getting something else worked on so I just email my service rep.

Burch
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Something is not working correctly. I would hazard a guess it's the charge relay for the house batteries stuck closed causing both battery banks to be connected. Time to take it back to the dealer for repair.