cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2004 Workhorse W22 Wipers stopped?

Escapade
Explorer
Explorer
Driving my 2004 Workhorse W22 back home today and the wipers after turning them on stopped in the center of the windshield. Tried multiple times to turn them on and even left them on and they did not move. I stopped and changed out fuse slot #22 with another 25amp. The wipers never worked again. Disconnected and reconnected the wiper motor connection and still did not respond.

Does this sound like a wiper motor issues or could it be in the steering column control. What do I need to replace?
3 REPLIES 3

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
The wiper movement arm has a slot where it will only attach to the motor in one position. I would guess that the nut has backed off and allowed the drive mechanism to come loose.

Escapade
Explorer
Explorer
On closer examination today power is getting to the wiper gear box. I can see a nut spinning on the back side of it. Does that mean it is stripped out and just need to replace the wiper control gearbox? The wipers still do not move on windshield.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
It could be the wiper control module. Look on the motor as some are connected to the input portion. Some are under the dash mounted to the steering column.
You could follow the multi-function switch wiring to the module.
May look like this module
Or this pulse control

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker