cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water Heater replacement

Bowhunter61
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone replaced a water heater in a Fuzion 302 or comparable? Wondering where I will have to access the water lines at? Thinking it is behind the panel in the basement area where the pump is located.
Unit is down in TN on my land in the pole building. Anticipating I am going to have to replace it because I screwed up and never drained the tank before the winter. Winterized all the rest but then left without draining the water heater (long story).
Usually not too cold down there but they had a good 2 weeks of cold weather in western TN.
Thinking of going tankless anyways.

Thanks
2015 RAM 3500 SRW
SOLD05 Dodge RAM 3500 DRW 5.9L Cummins
2010 35' Fuzion 302 Touring Edition II
2009 HD Ultra Glide Classic
2001 Polaris Sportsman 500
2005 Artic Cat 250
1997 Kawasaki Bayou 220
1996 Kawasaki Lakota 300
4 REPLIES 4

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
I've never installed one Excel Vent-Free Tankless Propane Water Heater, Low Pressure Startup, 1.6GPM

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/excel-vent-free-tankless-propane-water-heater-low-pressure...
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Bowhunter61
Explorer
Explorer
BStiers wrote:
I have a 360 and I have not had to replace my water heater however I have had to make some repairs to it. On mine I had to remove the panels in the front pass through to get to the back of the water heater. It was a PIA but you might be able to slide it out enough outside the camper to replace it.

Ok thanks
Good to know, I was thinking that is what I would have to do
Remove that panel to get to the back
2015 RAM 3500 SRW
SOLD05 Dodge RAM 3500 DRW 5.9L Cummins
2010 35' Fuzion 302 Touring Edition II
2009 HD Ultra Glide Classic
2001 Polaris Sportsman 500
2005 Artic Cat 250
1997 Kawasaki Bayou 220
1996 Kawasaki Lakota 300

BStiers
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 360 and I have not had to replace my water heater however I have had to make some repairs to it. On mine I had to remove the panels in the front pass through to get to the back of the water heater. It was a PIA but you might be able to slide it out enough outside the camper to replace it.

The_Owl
Explorer
Explorer
I posted this on your other thread as well.

We had a continuous installed in our Fuzion because we are full-timing with access to water and sewer so no issues there. When we go โ€œcampingโ€ or just living in a campground for a few days itโ€™s not an issue unless we donโ€™t have sewer. If I was just using it for camping trip I would absolutely stay with the regular water heater but ensure it was gas and electric. I always turned on the electric on our old unit once we got setup and never had to worry about hot water. We also had a 10 gallon and that helped too.

Hopefully this will be a non-issue for you once you get to inspect the rig.