cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slider Hitch

rainmanrv
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,campers i have a 16k Reese manual slider when getting in tight spots i like using it to avoid hitting my truck.My problem is when i go to disengage to slide back it will not lock into the rear position seems like the pin and the hole is not lining up.is anyone else having this problem and any advise. As it is now i cant even use it slides forward when i backup. Thanks in advance
13 REPLIES 13

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
rainmanrv wrote:
Thanks for all the imput-I fixed my problem with the help
from Mont G&J. I did it again and put the rear pins in the wrong way, causing me to miss the connection by a 1/4inch. Thanks for the reminder, and hopefully I
don't do it again. Rainman

"If all else fails, read the directions!"

You did, happy camper, good results. Yes! - kudos to "Mont G&J".

:C

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
The slide lever on my old square tube '97 16K Reese sliding needs to be fliped quickly to the forward or maneuver position. Don't baby it.
Every 6-7 years I tear it down comletely....clean it and lube it. It works so easilly I can flip the lever in fore or aft position. If the trailer is on a bit of incline it slides by itself and lock into position.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

rainmanrv
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the imput-I fixed my problem with the help
from Mont G&J. I did it again and put the rear pins in the wrong way, causing me to miss the connection by a 1/4inch. Thanks for the reminder, and hopefully I
don't do it again. Rainman

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
C.B. wrote:
eHoefler wrote:
Are you sliding it hooked up and loaded?? Most manual sliders require you to unhitch and move manually

?????????????????Really! I've never seen anyone unhook to move their manual slider.

I watch customers at my storage facility slide all the time without unhooking

My Son found out he had to keep his Reese manual slider well lubricated or it wouldn't want to lock in position.

C.B.

When I was using a slider, the manufacture instructions were to unhitch to move slider. I was using a HiJacker 21K Double pivot.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

rainmanrv
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the web site on the manual ill read up on it.

justme
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the manual that you might find interesting.
http://www.reeseprod.com/support/installation/N30048.pdf

rainmanrv
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for there advice,this hitch came with the truck when i bought it 3 years ago.never needed the slide until move to a new storage spot and had to cut it hard to get in, that is when i hit my truck.the hitch slides fine with no trailer on it,I guess i could take some weight off by raising it some my concern would be that i could move the front legs a little and damage them.I think my next step would be to grease the slide rails more i am only using WD40 now.my model is 70540 same as that last post that they mentioned to get the pins in the right way which is so true I did that once thanks again

Mont_G_J
Explorer
Explorer
This was my problem, check and make sure attachment pins are pointed the right way.

justme
Explorer
Explorer
Mine works great. Follow the mfg instructions. Take some of the weight off the pin by lowering the front jacks. Then move the slider handle to the slide position and move the truck forward to engage the slider pins. Then raise the front jacks and backup.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
That is a good link, provided by Old-Biscuit. You didn't give any hitch history, such as, age of hitch, purchased new/used, used to work great, don't understand the operation, or how to lubricate. If an older hitch, and has been an issue in the past, I'd look for something better. Maybe just me, but if I have something that is not working right, and I can't fix it, I'll get rid of it and move on.

Jerry

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
eHoefler wrote:
Are you sliding it hooked up and loaded?? Most manual sliders require you to unhitch and move manually

?????????????????Really! I've never seen anyone unhook to move their manual slider.

I watch customers at my storage facility slide all the time without unhooking

My Son found out he had to keep his Reese manual slider well lubricated or it wouldn't want to lock in position.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is this a NEW problem....ie: worked before but now NOT locking in rearward position?

Are the lock cams inside the slider assemblies orientated in the same direction, towards the front of the truck, on both drivers side and passengers side?

See pg. 7 in link below

Are you swapping from towing to maneuvering positions when 'truck/trailer' are in a straight line?

See pg. 15 in link below

LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31