cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Cedar Creek Maiden Trip

brnzbk
Explorer
Explorer
We drove from Padre Island to Hamilton Ohio and picked up our new fifth wheel, a Cedar Creek 36CKTS and started our journey. We traveled through 8 states over 29 days, had to head home because our temp plates were going to expire.
Here's the shakedown:
LCI system would not work, must be a bad breaker, used a vice grip as a jumper.
The living room TV would work intermittently but now seems to be fine.
There is a lump in the floor where the living room slide moves,not sure what is going on with that, but it is pronounced enough that someone needs to take a look.

But that seems to be all that we experienced during our 29 days on the road, I guess that is not too bad, I realize that even new products have problems so now we need some warranty work.
2015 F350 CC LB Lariat 6.7L Dually
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
B&W Companion
6 REPLIES 6

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
ken burke wrote:
brnzbk wrote:
We drove from Padre Island to Hamilton Ohio and picked up our new fifth wheel, a Cedar Creek 36CKTS and started our journey. We traveled through 8 states over 29 days, had to head home because our temp plates were going to expire.
Here's the shakedown:
There is a lump in the floor where the living room slide moves,not sure what is going on with that, but it is pronounced enough that someone needs to take a look.

But that seems to be all that we experienced during our 29 days on the road, I guess that is not too bad, I realize that even new products have problems so now we need some warranty work.

Make sure that you maintain to proper air pressure in the tires. I assume you have R rated tires.
ken

What is an "R" rated tire?:h
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the "Creeker Club"
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
Is this post meant for Cedar Creek only or do we add our "Shake Out" stuff too?

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
I am pretty sure that you can't get into it this year, but put the FROG rally on your to do list for next year. Besides being a great gathering of all things FROG, the factory techs come to the fairgrounds and fix those annoying things that we have discovered as we use our rigs. And if it can't be fixed at the fair grounds, they will make arrangements with you to take it back to the factory.
As for your problems with the LCI and TV, check connections. Many of them are not fully tightened so it doesn't take much shake and rattle to create a problem. Also check the breakers for the LCI system. Ours are in the front compartment, not sure where yours might be. But one may have tripped. Don't have any ideas about the lump in the floor but agree it should be looked into.
We are on our second Cedar Creek. We had 10 trouble free years with the first one and are on our 3rd year with this one. Great trailers and great customer support from the factory. Dealers can be a mixed bag when it comes to fixing things.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
You will love it once the few items get fixed. Were on 10 years with our CKTS and it has never been in for warranty work.

ken_burke
Explorer
Explorer
brnzbk wrote:
Here's the shakedown:

Make sure that you maintain to proper air pressure in the tires. I assume you have R rated tires.
ken
2011 Ford F-350 6.7 diesel, Crew Cab, LB, SRW, 4X4, White
Cedar Creek 34SB, 37 feet 5th wheel, Reese 20K Hitch
"So many questions, so little time."