cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I'm Bored!

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since I bought my 2017 Coleman 300tq one year ago I have done many mods which include
*Rewiring Park cable panel to accept Portable Satellite.
*Outside TV outlet
*12 volt outlet
*Kitchen/Bathroom Backsplash
*Gladiator Storage in Garage (Toy Hauler)
*Toy Hauler Ramp Door Screen
*Chandelier light above dinette table
*Outside and Inside Assist Grab Handle
*5" Vinyl Sewer hose storage
*Under trailer folding ladder storage X2 for A frame and Multi Position ladder
*Battery Box with 4 deep cycle batteries
*Battery disconnect switch
*Electric tongue jack
*5 Spoke Aluminum Trailer wheels upgrade
*TV's and mounts for Bedroom, Living area and Garage
*Under Bed 100# slide out drawers
*Queen bed memory foam mattress + extension
*Wall decorative storage basket in bathroom
*Entry steps Carpeting
*Black Tank Flush
*Dinette/Slide electrical outlets
*Garage wall mounted shop vac
*Garage under cabinet closet bar

My next future upgrade is 400 watt solar panels on the roof

I am looking for something to do what is your single favorite Trailer Mod that you have done?
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.
19 REPLIES 19

mikhen
Explorer
Explorer
Lighting on 4 way switch set up. I have 3 lights near the floor to light the way and the switches are near the entry door, Near the rear bed and bathroom, and near the cab(class c).

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
very clever....
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
rightlaneonly wrote:
I get bored too, I've rebuilt/customized the inside of my Aliner 3 times now. Its amazing how much you can change the interior of such a small trailer:B

SoundGuy wrote:
Ha Ha. Try installing your own in-dinette seat shower as I did with our Santa Fe popup! :B

rightlaneonly wrote:
That's pretty trick:E, I think I'll pass on that one;)

What was really trick was the collapsible shower curtain rod that allowed me to drop the whole thing into the shower pan for storage. Probably my favourite mod with that camper, especially since we used it every time we camped. :B

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
rightlaneonly wrote:
I get bored too, I've rebuilt/customized the inside of my Aliner 3 times now. Its amazing how much you can change the interior of such a small trailer:B

Ha Ha. Try installing your own in-dinette seat shower as I did with our Santa Fe popup! :B

That's pretty trick:E, I think I'll pass on that one;)
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Replaced with 2019 GMC Canyon
Aliner, soon to be gone.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
rightlaneonly wrote:

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
A suspension kit would be a nice addition to the trailer. It is a toy hauler and flirting with 10,000 pounds gross. And surprising the suspension and shock kits are not that expensive. I might have to put that on the list.

The trailer came with a 18 foot electric awning but it leaves the door coming out of the garage and the back of the trailer open. I would like to add a second 10 foot awning over the garage... Another item on the do do list.

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Replaced with 2019 GMC Canyon
Aliner, soon to be gone.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have shocks on that thing?

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I take the winter off from camping as well. Although I still have the urge to get out, rain snow keep me busy finding things to do on the RV.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks for sharing your mods! I'm bored as heck too!
Spent most of the winter doing all kinds of mods to our new TT in preparation for next camping season.
Then I had hand surgery and it's difficult to do much but I got all the important stuff done prior to getting cut.
Can't wait for camping to start!!!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œlarge vanity mirrorโ€œ

Whatโ€™s the issue, profant? I need to look at me!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Then I suggest wiring and buying a controller for 800 watts
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
you are a lot like me. they just don't make TT's for the individual. you have to customize them to your likes. I worked on TT's so I could do a lot of the work myself. Luckily for me, building a TT is not rocket science so working on them is relatively easy. appliances are another story. thank God for the internet and this forum

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
1L243, I am also a compulsive modder. It's fun! My stick house is a mess, but my trailer is up to date.

The most useful project I have done is to tear out the existing cabinetry to put in custom shelving. The stock cabinets were made of thick plywood and MDF, with poor allocation of shelf space. Also, there was a large vanity mirror as part of the setup -- useless.

So I built my own enclosed shelves of thin Baltic ply. Here is how I did it:

Scroll down to the shelving

As a result, we now have more than enough room for our clothing, toiletries, boots, and so forth.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."