cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does it mean?

d1h
Nomad II
Nomad II

What the heck do all these different rankings mean? Explorer l, Explorer ll, Traveler l, Traveler ll etc. etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Wow! I did not understand how passionate our community was about the rank structure! This makes us very excited! 

Here is the link to the current GS Community Rank Structure

There will be some exciting updates coming to the ranks soon. I will tag you all again when the blog updates so that you can be the first to see it! 

Thank you again for all of your comments and feedback. 

@Carl_n_Susan@QCMan@MORSNOW@d1h@opnspaces@MNtundraRet 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II

OK, you wanted questions so here is a gorilla in the room question: If this is a Good Sam site, how come there is not a single Good Sam logo anywhere on the site?

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

If you're asking about that old Good Sam logo of the smiling good Sam, I thought they retired that logo years ago,

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

@QCMan wrote:

OK, you wanted questions so here is a gorilla in the room question: If this is a Good Sam site, how come there is not a single Good Sam logo anywhere on the site?

Your eye-site must be going bad. 😀  It is in bold letters near the top, upper left of the first page.  It's also on this page. Clicking it gets you to a site showing the newest replies / posts. 

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

evanseegmiller
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good Morning Everyone. 

I mentioned below that I would notify everyone here when the latest update was posted!  I just updated the GS Community Rank Structure post so feel free to check it out again. 

Thank you again and let me know if you have more questions. 

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II

Three months to give a non-answer. Next we can ask when the "blog" will appear and where. Then we can wait some more.

Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

Wow! I did not understand how passionate our community was about the rank structure! This makes us very excited! 

Here is the link to the current GS Community Rank Structure

There will be some exciting updates coming to the ranks soon. I will tag you all again when the blog updates so that you can be the first to see it! 

Thank you again for all of your comments and feedback. 

@Carl_n_Susan@QCMan@MORSNOW@d1h@opnspaces@MNtundraRet 

Thank you for the link with the breakdown of the rank structure.  Hopefully we see the return of the Good Sam Icon for members?  I also liked when you could see how long folks have been a member of the forum, it weeds out the newbie spammer comments.

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

Hey @MORSNOW

No worries at all! That is what I am here for. 

Also great ideas. A couple of thoughts. We are working really hard on GS Badges for verified members. Just know it is something we are working on. However, I think in the next update you will see some updates you will like! I know I got called out earlier for using the term "soon" haha but I think it will roll out shortly! 

You can also always view a member's profile to see when they joined the community. Should be right below their username on their Profile Page!

Thank you again for your ideas! Keep them coming! 

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II

Interesting that the "designers" are not even sure of what they put together. Very telling.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

Hey @QCMan

I am the "designer" and I do know what I put together. Instead of listing it out here for a couple of individuals to see in a post, I plan to write a blog so that everyone within the community can see and understand how ranks work within the community! 

As always thanks for the comment! 

evanseegmiller
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Thank you for bringing this post to life. I must have missed it when it was posted. 

@d1h I think you bring up a great point here. There is a brief explanation here in our Community Cheat Sheet but nothing that goes into detail. I am going to work this week to get a detailed explanation uploaded into Announcements so that everyone can understand it in more detail. 

Please let me know if you have other suggestions. We are always looking to add value to our users via the community. 

Thank you, @MNtundraRet @opnspaces @MORSNOW 

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

I thought I remember seeing something in the past about what the different rating mean. But I'm thinking not that was with the old RV.net and not this new page.

I'm assuming the different rankings are tied to the number of posts. Or Maybe the number of posts plus the number of likes given and received etc. But I don't think there is a published post where we can see what the levels are.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere on this forum either.  

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

d1h
Nomad II
Nomad II

Can someone please explain what this means since mine has changed several times.