cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

When do jets fly at Va. Beach?

CapeM1
Explorer
Explorer
Heading to Cherrystone CG in Va. but would like to take a ride over the bay bridge/tunnel to watch the jets fly over the Virginia Beach boardwalk on their practice maneuvers. Do they have a schedule they follow, i.e. every Monday and Wednesday or do you just need to be lucky (or unlucky if you see it that way;)) to get to see them? Thanks!
2010 Rockwood 2607
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500, Ext Cab
8 REPLIES 8

teeman88
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Virginia Beach there is no set time for fly overs. There is a place on oceana Blvd that you can watch them land and also touch and goes.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Last time I was in Virginia Beach I was staying in a condo with a balcony on the beach and was up at day break and saw a nuke sub headed into the shipyard. Very cool. Air operations were all day long when we were there. You just never know.

alnal326
Explorer
Explorer
If you will be at Cherrystone next weekend the Oceana Air Show is Saturday and Sunday September 22-23 in Virginia Beach Admission is free but you can pay for seating if you wish. It is a great show and the Blue Angels will be there performing.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Johno02 wrote:
For the Blue Angels practice, go to Pensacola, Fla. Or the Naval Academy graduation at Annapolis, MD.
Or El Centro CA during the winter training months.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
For the Blue Angels practice, go to Pensacola, Fla. Or the Naval Academy graduation at Annapolis, MD.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

esyers
Explorer
Explorer
A little further south at the Holiday Travel Park in Virginia Beach, we had plenty to see going in and out of Ocean NAS. But there was no clear schedule as far as I could tell.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
You get a lot of "flyovers" when a carrier is coming into dock, but you get lots of others in/out throughout the day. I'm sure there is someone who knows when/where, but I don't think they would be posting it on an open forum board.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since neither the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds are based there, you pick your poison. Since we used to get in the area quite frequently, there is no way of knowing when. Like here in Yuma, AZ. at the Marine Corps Air Station, sometimes they fly over our RV lot and then we may not see them for several days or weeks.