cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What are full timers doing?

ralicem
Explorer
Explorer
We live in our motor home. Where are we going to go? We normally stay in state parks in Florida. Felt safe until they closed the parks.
๐Ÿ™‚ Happy Wanderers Alice and Harry
9 REPLIES 9

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are full-time and currently in TX at a city park. Cement pads, FHU and nice. Overlooking the golf course. Very reasonable monthly rates too. This is one of many city our county parks we have found that are excellent and cheaper than state parks. We stay at Corp of Engineer Parks, also very reasonable. Private parks using the Passport America Discount and have a seasonal site at a county park for the summer in MI. Also very reasonably priced. If everything closed, we'd park at Walmart or any large parking lot where allowed.

MODERATOR'S EDIT: Per the site Admin's request, I am closing all COVID-19 threads and directing future comments to one thread in Around the Campfire: 2019โ€“20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Good for you Rob, and thanks for your service.

Scott

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are currently in a privately owned park that is staying open. On the 25th we'll move to an Army resort 30 minutes up the road - checked with them and everything is business as usual with some enhanced standard precautions and closure of the meeting hall and large gatherings. After three weeks there, we have reservations through July at various military famcamps. It seems only a few states and counties are being reactionary about their campgrounds... and mostly to protect their employees and staff - not the rest of us.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Why do you feel โ€œunsafe?โ€ Find another RV park. Fear is a preventative emotion. Please note I did not say โ€œgrow up.โ€
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
For now at least Virginia state parks are open.
But if possible, I would look west. BLM or forest service lands for solitude, but the VA parks are near empty. Va parks covid page

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
If you can find BLM land in Florida - I salute you.

-----------------------------------------------------------

According to the Florida State Parks web site - the campgrounds are open. And group activities are cancelled, and events are cancelled.

FL State Parks

-------------------------------------------------------------

We belong to a membership campground organization. Are now at one near Houston, moving to the Dallas area in a couple days.

This is the time of year when we stay in that area for a couple months. doctors, grandkids, etc. Reservations are in place. If we have to move to COE and such, we will. If they close, we go to Arkansas and stay in my brother's front yard, with 15 amps and no water hookup. Having to go 12 miles and pay $7 to dump every few days.

And we can't visit with them, because they, like us, are high risk.

My sister-in-law works for a major international leader in cancer treatment in the Houston area. We came here to be able to join my little brother on his birthday. I have done that since 1970.

She ask us some questions. She doesn't want to see us. She cannot have contact with anyone who has been outside the United States in the past three months. We visited out dentists in Nuevo Progresso Mexico in early Feb.

I'm not upset at her, or anyone. It is what it is. We will survive the government and campgrounds closing.

Personally, I expect most private campgrounds to remain open. They are small businesses, and no income for weeks can be devastating. Only a government order to close would impact them.

A LOT of people are facing problems with lost income, higher than planned spending. We are not the only ones.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
ralicem wrote:
We live in our motor home. Where are we going to go? We normally stay in state parks in Florida. Felt safe until they closed the parks.

Parks are not closed to camping
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Find a commercial park or BLM land.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer