cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Walkens Glenn

ocean_bound
Explorer
Explorer
What are the best private campgrounds around Watkins Glen State Park have a 37 foot class a motorhome
Allen&carrie 2006 georgetown XL359 37ft
5 REPLIES 5

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
Watkins Glen KOA is a nice park, pricey but nice. If you have kids it is heads and shoulder above Clute.Up close to the track and the upper park. Watkins is walkable,but it is quite the hike from Clute to the park. Plenty of walking to be done in the gorge,don't know that you would want a fifteen minute walk on top of the hike.
You are going to drive or bike to get to the park from either choice.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
When in the area, we stay at Clute Park.... easy walk to shopping and restaurants, right across the street from the lake. Big rig friendly. But, it's essentially an open field with FHU, but that works for us.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
If your looking for a clean no frills park, Clute Park may work. Watkins Glen / Corning KOA Resort lots of $$$ but a true resort Rv park if that is your thing.

Check out all the falls around scenic Seneca Lake including the beer wine & cheese trails! :C

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
I live in the Finger Lakes, so I rarely use campgrounds in this area. However, lots of people have had good things to say about Clute Park, right down near the lake. If it were me, I'd want to be near the lake. But really, it all depends on what you're looking for.

What are you interested in doing in the Finger Lakes? Maybe I can give you some tips.

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Watkins or Walkens?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman