cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Virginia Beach advice

hedgehog48
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are planning a trip to Virginia Beach next month and had a few questions about the area. We are not bringing our camper for this trip so we will be staying in a hotel. We are looking for advice on the area, I can get a better deal on hotels in the central Virginia Beach as opposed to down near the ocean. Is anyone familiar with this area? Is staying down by the beach a must for this area? Any hotel recommendations? Thank you in advance
4 REPLIES 4

hedgehog48
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking at the Westin in central Virginia Beach. It looked nice. Also looked at the Hiltonโ€™s down near the beach. Not much availability.

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of the motels in town are very basic and run down. If you plan on being at the beach a lot that might not matter. Personally, after going there several years, I would splurge on the ocean front high rises.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
If you are planning on spending anytime on the beach, then yes, a hotel on the beach is a must.
You should take your camper and stay just north of Virginia Beach at the Cape Charles KOA. A really nice vacation spot.
2010 Suncruiser

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the Hotels even near the ocean arent extremely high.
The Royal Clipper as an example. It is just a basic room but across Atlantic Av from the Ocean.
If you are looking at Memorial Day weekend, the price skyrockets.