cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total solar eclipse over North Carolina Aug 21st

FloridaReLoaded
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering how many here will get to see the Total solar eclipse on Aug 21st. We will be observing it from the Mountains of North Caroline. Probably around Andrews, NC cause it will have the longest duration in the shadow with 2 minutes 38 seconds at 2:36 pm. Or maybe the Cherohala Skyway out of Robbinsville NCLots of pull offs and parking lots out there

I know people will be able see it across the nation, I'm looking forward to it. We have to get us some solar eclipse glasses to watch it.

6 REPLIES 6

LakeN
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Stark Naked! Will get the glasses and be ready! Have a wonderful campsite with skyview!
'16 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B
'14 Ford Focus Titanium Toad with Blue Ox tow system

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
LakeN wrote:
If you aren't IN the path of totality, will you see any eclipse if about 75 mi north??

You won't see a total eclipse, but you will see a partial eclipse.

If you are 75 miles north of the edge of totality, the sun we be about 95% -98% obscured.

Get your eclipse glasses!!!

skipro
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be watching it from my front door.

LakeN
Explorer
Explorer
If you aren't IN the path of totality, will you see any eclipse if about 75 mi north??
'16 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B
'14 Ford Focus Titanium Toad with Blue Ox tow system

Sarvi
Explorer
Explorer
I live in the path of totality, I'm excited to see it!

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Here are the previous solar eclipse threads
https://forums.goodsamclub.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/search/parms/sw%7Bsolar%20eclipse%7D|km%7Bexact%7D|kl%7Bm%7D|fm%7B%7D|pd%7B365%7D|ma%7B%7D/sr/1.cfm
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind