cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Top resorts in United States.. ideas to visit?

jabres
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am sure this topic has came up 100 times, but was wondering if I could compile a list of the top rv resorts in the United States.

I am from Ohio, and always looking for nice family friendly resorts to bring my kids into to enjoy life!

So far we have went as far south as Saraosta, and stayed at SUN N FUN (sun rv resort) and that place was gorgeous! awesome for kids and families!

Then we went to Fort wilderness Disney , another great one!

To top in off, and I believe might be the best in the United States, might be the new Carolina Pines resort near Myrtle Beach South Carolina. Absolutely stunning! Was a 12 out of 10. If you haven't checked it out, do it and you will thank me later.

Would love to hear any other "must visit" resort style rv parks for ideas! thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

learntorv
Explorer
Explorer
wapiticountry wrote:
JoeH wrote:
In Florida, Bluewater Key near key West...

Those are not exactly kid friendly which is what the OP is looking for.

We've been to BWK twice now with kids. For us, it was just fine being kid friendly. The kids rode their bikes and went swimming in the pool and bay. We even rented a canoe and went paddling around the bridges. But then again, we're pretty low maintenance and aren't looking for campground activities. ๐Ÿ™‚

I feel like it's one of the nicest resorts in the country.

Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach is another good one- lots of activities from a waterpark to the ocean.

We did the beachfront spots at Camp Gulf in Destin. The park itself was nice, but being able to walk out of our rig and onto the sand was awesome (messy, but awesome).

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
In Florida, Bluewater Key near key West, Aztec in Margate,Las Vegas Motorcoach ,Hearthside Groves in Petoskey MI.

Also take a look at Newmar's list of RV resprts located here
Those are not exactly kid friendly which is what the OP is looking for.
To the OP: What do you consider kid and family friendly? Do you want or need the activities to be part of the park? Most destination parks are not a destination on their own, but rely on the surrounding attractions. If your kids want/need 24/7 internet and cell phone service, Go Carts, Amusement Parks, Water Slides, game rooms and the like a park in or near Yellowstone might not be a good idea. Conversely, if you want them to experience nature, hike and get away from all things commercial a park next to a Six Flags amusement park in a major metro area probably is not your best choice.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
In Florida, Bluewater Key near key West, Aztec in Margate,Las Vegas Motorcoach ,Hearthside Groves in Petoskey MI.

Also take a look at Newmar's list of RV resprts located here
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard