US extends border closure again

69BBC
Explorer
Explorer
LOOKS LIKE WE STORE THE RV AND WINTER IN ONTARIO AGAIN

ReutersReuters

U.S. extends travel restrictions at Canada, Mexico borders
Mon., September 20, 2021, 10:25 a.m.ยท1 min read
WASHINGTON, Sept 20 (Reuters) - The United States on Monday said it will extend restrictions at its land borders with Canada and Mexico that bar nonessential travel such as tourism by foreigners despite Ottawa's decision to open its border to vaccinated Americans.

Canada on Aug. 9 began allowing fully vaccinated U.S. visitors for nonessential travel. The United States has continued to extend the extraordinary restrictions on Canada and Mexico on a monthly basis since March 2020, when they were imposed to address the spread of COVID-19.

The latest monthly extension goes through Oct. 21, White House COVID-19 coordinator Jeff Zients told reporters Monday. (Reporting by David Shepardson, Editing by Franklin Paul)
3 REPLIES 3

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œTheyโ€ will open the borders when it is determined to be safe or safe enough. This a new disease and no one likes cramping your travels.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
It's getting too late to make plans. Even if the border opens, I'm not sure I want to go to Florida until the current disaster gets cleaned up.

I don't want to spend another winter in the Great White North even if this winter is as nice as last winter.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Extremely frustrating.
I noticed that they announced November for opening to Internationals traveling in by air.
Would be nice, and just plain thoughtful, if they would announce a date for the reopening of the land borders too.
2010 Suncruiser