cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Southern luxury rv resorts. Need Ideas

jabres
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks to this site, been spoiled the last few years going to top notch Carolina Pines (South Carolina) and Cabana Club/Camp Margaritaville (Auburndale/Orlando Florida area). Looking to try something new next December in the south, lots of amenities for kids so we never have to leave the resort. Any ideas? Other than Fort Wilderness
I HIGHLY suggest Camp Margaritaville and Carolina Pines to those who have not visited yet! Top notch resorts.
11 REPLIES 11

auntybren
Explorer
Explorer

Hello, we are currently at the Surf, a Zeman resort in Palmetto Florida. We LOVE it here. Not too close to a beach if thatโ€™s a must, but local to good restaurants and activities. 

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
What bucky linked to is about right for average. On any given day it depends on passage of weather fronts. Generally mild but can get below freezing if a strong cold front passes.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II

jabres
Explorer II
Explorer II
how cold is it usually in that part of Louisiana around Christmas/New Years?

jabres
Explorer II
Explorer II
thanks!!

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
It is just off I-10 about 15 miles east of Lafayette in the heart of Cajun country, with attractions showing the history of the Acadians. Good restaurants with the local cuisine are abound in the surrounding communities. There are also boat tours of the Henderson swamp and opportunities for other outdoor activities.

jabres
Explorer II
Explorer II
Awesome, thanks for the info about the Margaritavilles!

For the one in Henderson, for the little bit of time we would spend outside the resort, is there anything to do in surrounding areas? Restaurants? anything else to do with kids? Or is Henderson a secluded area?

Thanks!

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
In Henderson, Louisiana there is a Margaritaville that was formally Cajun Palms. Haven't seen it since Margaritaville took over; but before it had everything a person would want.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
A Camp Margaritaville recently opened on the Bolivar Penninsula across the bay from Galveston. Looks to be very nice. One opened last year in Pigeon Forge that we went through and it is excellent also. All the amenities you could ask for along with the price. It's not that far out of line with the surrounding CG's though. I live 25 miles north of it and would consider staying there myself.

We stayed at this Margaritaville on Crystal Beach TX last year. Incredible experience. 

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
For the past several years we have stayed at Thousand Trails in Clermont Fl, near Orlando. The facility is huge, and has lots of things for kids including swimming, playgrounds, biking, etc. Also, there are always tons of kids playing in a large green area surrounded by RVs. Most campsites are large, and W,S,E equipped.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog