cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Solvang/Buellton other RV parks when Flying Flags is full?

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Was hoping to visit the wineries around Solvang and Buellton, CA over Thanksgiving. Been going every year and have booked a spot at Flying Flags each August without issue. This year apparently they've been booked solid since June for Thanksgiving.

Any suggestions for alternatives for a full hookup spot for a 32' 5'er? So far not finding much. There is a small state park in Lompoc. Is it decent, clean? Any other ideas that are close by and easy for getting a rig into?
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)
14 REPLIES 14

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
The RV park at the north end of Santa Maria was open the last time we were thru there. It's off Broadway St.and the 101.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Refugio state beach , el capitan state beach or jalama beach. All 3 are most likley booked, try lake cachuma.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
You can do that in Santa Yanez, right down the road from Cachuma
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

lfloom
Explorer
Explorer
You could go north and stay in Pismo. Then you can go to the Edna Valley Wineries, and still be fairly close to the Foxen Canyon Wineries. You could even bop up to Paso. (I live P/T in Pismo and we do a lot of wine tasting ๐Ÿ™‚ )

gtnsmlr
Explorer
Explorer
mileshuff wrote:
Cachuma has 1 spot left (Spot 156) with full hookups. Photo and Google Earth view looks a bit rough but ok. Spot is 90 degree to what appears to be a rather narrow road. Tough to back rigs in?
the park map shows those sites as water electric only
The older we get, the faster we go

JT
Explorer
Explorer
There is a small state park in Lompoc.
----
The only "state park" in Lompoc is La Purรญsima Mission; it doesn't offer camping, and it's closed on Thanksgiving.

As others said, your best bet is Cachuma,probably a dry site; this is the SB parks website. Click on "Camping Parks" and look at the Cachuma info. Jalama Beach is very likely full, and it's a haul out there and back (and out there and back) if you plan to run around wine tasting.

http://www.countyofsb.org/parks/

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes....the water/electric sites are mostly pull through and they kinda sit on a hill....no view's that I can remember but a good base to explore the area.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
Can't comment on that specific site but in general the full hookup sites at Cachuma were not hard to back into with my former F250 and 25' trailer. There are also water electric pull throughs, and the nicest sites are non hookup. I recommend the campground.

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Cachuma has 1 spot left (Spot 156) with full hookups. Photo and Google Earth view looks a bit rough but ok. Spot is 90 degree to what appears to be a rather narrow road. Tough to back rigs in?
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Acampingwewillgo wrote:
Cachuma will have a lot more sites if we don't get a whole bunch of rain soon. I can't believe how low the Lake is!
is the cattle trough showing again?
Jeff - WA6EQU

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cachuma will have a lot more sites if we don't get a whole bunch of rain soon. I can't believe how low the Lake is!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Acampingwewillgo wrote:
Cachuma Lake is an option...they do have some full hook up sites and its not too far away.
Thats where I'd go too. But the FHU sites are a ways from the lake. It's an old trailer park, but OK. The best view spots, and there are over 500 of them in the "real" CG are out on the point. Did a couple of Thanksgivings there
Jeff - WA6EQU

gtnsmlr
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of the wineries are on Foxen Canyon road. Solving is close to the south end. Santa Maria is on the north end. We'll be camping at Cachuma. They take reservations for non hookup lakefront sites.
The older we get, the faster we go

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cachuma Lake is an option...they do have some full hook up sites and its not too far away.
96 Vogue Prima Vista