cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Small RV Park Casa Grande AZ

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to head to AZ towards end of April to look for a possible relocation home. Snow birds will be gone and most of the amenities over with so looking mainly for a small/clean park. Thank you for your input

Rich
Rich & Jennie(mate of 59 yrs 6/6/59)
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat
1 German Shepard/Blue healer pup
8 REPLIES 8

fanrgs
Explorer
Explorer
pappaone wrote:
Thinking about somewhere in AZ, we need to down size to a 1 level place so a warmer area is in the thoughts. Daughter wants us to move to Texas, no thanks was there for a week and did't see any thing for me. Well more than likely end up right here.
We live in the Denver area and have spent time at Val Vista RV Resort in Casa Grande for two winters. At the northern edge of town, but very close to a Fry's (a Kroger supermarket like King Soopers).

We also spent parts of multiple winters in Las Cruces, which we like better than anywhere around Phoenix. It is also about midway between Tucson-Phoenix and the Hill Country of Texas. And I agree with you about Texas, but my opinion os based on considerably more than a one week experience!
"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2015 RAM 2500 4x4 crewcab 6.7L CTD; 2016 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 5th wheel

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
We are still at the Silverado RV Resort, our winter home, in Eloy, AZ 10 miles down the I-10 from Casa Grande.

Tucson area is about 56 miles further down the interstate and Phoenix is about 59 miles the other way on I-10.

In other words the Silverado RV Resort is centrally located for anything you want to look at.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
I'd choose Tucson over the Phoenix area, especially Casa Grande.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
Are you really considering trading in Colorado for Casa Grande? There's QUITE a difference!!

Thinking about somewhere in AZ, we need to down size to a 1 level place so a warmer area is in the thoughts. Daughter wants us to move to Texas, no thanks was there for a week and did't see any thing for me. Well more than likely end up right here.
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Are you really considering trading in Colorado for Casa Grande? There's QUITE a difference!!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the replies, will check them out. 67Cutlass sounds like you will have a nice place to live when it's finished congrats.
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
We just stayed at Sundance 1, in Casa Grande.
Not sure what you think is small but it was clean, friendly staff and is well run.
They also accept Passport America.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

67Cutlass
Explorer
Explorer
We went through the same process last year looking to relocate to AZ. We never did stay in Casa Grande but I did research and found Silverado RV Resort. It's about 10 miles out of town with good rates and not as crowded as most campgrounds in Casa Grande.

BTW, We did end up purchasing a home in Fort Mohave with an attached enclosed 22x68 foot RV garage with FHUs. The house also has a cement guest RV pad with FHUs located on our property. The house will be build this summer and hope to move in by December.
2012 Phaeton 40QBH
2015 Jeep Cherokee
SMI Air Force One
Retired USAF - CEVG and AFTAC
Member of Tiffin RV Network Forum