cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV parks in Arizona

happycamper1942
Explorer
Explorer
We are thinking of coming to Arizona for a month stay in February/March and I am having trouble deciding on places to stay.
Does anyone have any experience and/or comments on Verde River RV park and Distant Drums RV park, both at Camp Verde, and Ho Ho Hum RV park at Coolidge near Casa Grande. Any other recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks
2008 Ford F350 crew cab short box PSD, 2021 TravelAir 90W camper
12 REPLIES 12

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Desert Cypress in Wickenburg the weather is perfect and the desert trails are great.

fanrgs
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed multiple winter weeks (not months) at Val Vista RV Park in Casa Grande. More permanent park models being brought in each year, but still have FHU sites for RVs. Paved roads, level gravel sites, pool, clubhouse, pickle ball, miniature golf, dog park, and lots of Midwestern neighbors!

Close enough to Phoenix to visit, but distant enough to avoid jammed Phoenix highways on a daily basis. Big Fry's (Kroger) grocery store within easy bike ride. Plenty of stores and restaurants right in Casa Grande for anything else you need. And the Tucson Gem, Mineral, and Fossil Show is a short day trip away!
"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2015 RAM 2500 4x4 crewcab 6.7L CTD; 2016 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 5th wheel

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
RVcrazy wrote:
Fortuna De Oro has lots of activities. Camp Verde may not be as warm as you might wish... Yuma is great then!

We are at Fortuna right now through December 31. They told us they are completely full for Jan and Feb. Call ahead for any place you want to stay. At this point you are going to get the leftovers and may have to move multiple times.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Fortuna De Oro has lots of activities. Camp Verde may not be as warm as you might wish... Yuma is great then!

wgriswold
Explorer
Explorer
Skyberg01 wrote:
Cocopah Resort in Yuma.

We stayed there last year. We had a spot along the golf course and balls were flying by while we set up and all day. All the permanent sites had chicken wire protecting the windows. We left after one night. Too much danger of trailer or truck damage.
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
Arctic Fox 25Y

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
Might be tough getting into them now

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Skyberg01 wrote:
Cocopah Resort in Yuma.

Nice Resort but I don't like the dust and wind you can get in Yuma.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
happycamper1942 wrote:
We are thinking of coming to Arizona for a month stay in February/March and I am having trouble deciding on places to stay.
Does anyone have any experience and/or comments on Verde River RV park and Distant Drums RV park, both at Camp Verde, and Ho Ho Hum RV park at Coolidge near Casa Grande. Any other recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks

Look at the Good Sam Camp Directory ( book or the internet app.) to look at all the RV resorts in Ariz to help you narrow choices. BUT, you need to make your reservations AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!! Snow Birds flock into Ariz. RV resorts as early as Nov. and Dec. I used make them 1 year in advance to make sure you could get a site.

Skyberg01
Explorer
Explorer
Cocopah Resort in Yuma.

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
I think Distant Drums is hard to get into, reservations are made far ahead of time

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
There are posts on camp verde.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did you check RVParkReview.com?
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch