Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quartzsite --- Best day to visit Big Tent

Lar_s
Explorer
Explorer
Only open days I have is Sat (19) Sun (20th) or Mon 21st

Any recommendations as the best day to visit Quartszite this month?

Just a day trip from Phoenix area
Lar

2015 Dynamax Trilogy
36 RL
Ram 3500 Dually
6 REPLIES 6

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get there on a weekday at opening time. You will have no problem since it gets downsized every year.

Gottahaveit
If you can hold off till Monday that would be my vote. We are there every year usually the week before and the week of the Tent. I don't even bother the Tent area until Monday. Outside the tent and the rest is fine anytime. The tent doesn't take long ๐Ÿ˜‰
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
Lar's wrote:
Only open days I have is Sat (19) Sun (20th) or Mon 21st

Any recommendations as the best day to visit Quartszite this month?

Just a day trip from Phoenix area

How long ahead do I need to get tickets for the new I-Max theater across the road from McDonalds.
Does anyone know what they are showing right now.
So big a world, so little time to see.

Lar_s
Explorer
Explorer
We've been there a couple times and understand the (business)... chaos, but think it was mid-week last year... think I'm shooting for Sunday or Monday... I believe Monday would be best for us, but we have to be in Sedona on Tuesday and I'm not usually a distance marathoner. Ahhhhhhhhh the trials of over commitment .
Lar

2015 Dynamax Trilogy
36 RL
Ram 3500 Dually

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
I vote for Sunday or Monday {vs Saturday} but get/be there when they open as it quickly gets crowded. We go every year and enjoy the fun and insanity that is the Q. After being at the big tent for the opening and spending an hour or two we retreat to the swap meets and RV show. We then return to our coach and go back in the late afternoon when most folks are giving up and heading out.

An hour or two at Beer Bellies Adult Day Care {the local outdoor beer/burger bar} is always fun as they have live music every afternoon. This will be our 7th year in a row and we find that 2 days and nights is usually plenty but would not miss it.

We will be doing 4 days up at Buckskin Mountain State Park prior to heading down to the Q on Saturday the 19th. Sounds like a week of too much fun to us and we can't wait.

As always... Opinions and YMMV.

:B

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would think that Monday would be less busy than the week-ends. We purposely wait until Monday to arrive and leave on Friday just for that reason.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata