cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Imperial Dam LTVA

Sarvi
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to head there for a short visit in 2 weeks (arrive around Oct 15) for about 4 or 5 days. Will buy the short term permit and likely stay in a tent (close to the toilet). The reason I am going is I plan to start full-timing next October with my trailer and winter at an LTVA (likely that one??). I want to check it out before I fully commit.

Will anyone be in the area around then? I would love to meet up with some people and chat about LTVAs, full-timing, and whatever else. If time allows, I'd like to hit up Quartzsite also, so if anyone is around there and would like to meet up, let me know!
4 REPLIES 4

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
A little late for your schedule, but over the last 4 years I have spent a week or two at Imperial Dam, and the rest of the winter at the Quartzsite LTVAs (usually La Posa West). Quartzsite has a bunch of restaurants, activities, junk booths, and, of course, the big tent show in mid January.

I agree that there isn't a lot to do at Imperial Dam, but that is one of its perks. I spend time reading & relaxing. They have a great library. Morning exercise activities at the gravel pit pavilion, as well as Sunday afternoon music jams. About 25 miles to Yuma for shopping.

Since the same LTVA permit can be used at any of the LTVAs, moving between them is a great option.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Life as a board.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Sarvi
Explorer
Explorer
A quiet, calm life sounds like heaven to me. I've read quite a bit about Imperial Dam, and it seems like they have a pretty robust social network. I'm an introvert, and to be able to pick and choose when I want to socialize is great. Being an introvert and working in customer service positions pretending to love people for the last 30 years is pretty torturous!

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think you will grow rather board during a long term stay at the Imperial Dam. It's fine for several days or a couple of weeks, maybe, but there's not a lot to do or see around there. There are some nice roadside produce places. Everyone needs to see Yuma, but again, not a lot to do around there or very many restaurants.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.