cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Price of camping

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
What happen with the price of the campground? I see $80-100 per nite on River Road in TX.That insane they try to scare the people away?That the price of a nice hotel.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023
51 REPLIES 51

FrankoToo
Explorer
Explorer
buc1980 wrote:
You don't check it lately.Check camp Fimfo in New Brownfield TX and then talk.

Comparing apples and oranges. Fimfo has swimming pools, water slides, roller coaster, and just opened their new zip lines. It's more like a campground inside an amusement park. More normal campgrounds along River Road are are much less.
FrankoToo
2018 Cruiser Stryker ST2313
2011 Ford F450 6.7L PS 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
You don't check it lately.Check camp Fimfo in New Brownfield TX and then talk.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well, I see my post was removed. Guess someone couldn't stand the truth. This morning I was quoted around $190 a night + tax etc at a campground in MD for 4 days in October 2023.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
If it is River Road in New Braunfels it is more like $55

LMHS
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know where "River Road" is (other than TX because you posted it) but I would guess that if you object to the price, then it's time to find a different place to go.

I've pretty much taken state parks out of my choice of places to stay. I think they have just gotten too high priced for what is usually a W/E site, especially once you add in all the extra fees. They are looking more like a KOA (Keep On Adding) with all the "extra" fees.

You may want to look into a Passport America or Happy Camper membership. Those are both half off (from overnight to up to a week) for what is often a full hookup site.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Supply and demand. They price it at what the public will pay even though it may drive a few away. Some RVs are selling for twice or more what they were not many years ago.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
What the market will bear. They may assume that with current high inflation then campers are receiving increased inflation adjusted income and can happily afford their rates. Also, they are passing on their increased expense cost to the customers. Inflation is a dog chasing it's tail just like in the 70s IMHO. History repeating itself. Cheers and happy camping.

I rarely use private parks for camping.

Retired financial/tax accountant and overseas commercial helicopter pilot.