cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Planning a trip to southeastern Oklahoma

Damdifino
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard there are some beautiful rolling mountains in this portion of the state. Seeking recommendations for campgrounds, boondocking, scenic highways, etc.
2014 Arctic Fox 22H.
2009 Toyota Land Cruiser URJ200 Series
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4 REPLIES 4

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'll 2nd Beavers Bend SP. Another good one is Lake Wister SP, great views of the water.

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
Queen Wilhelmina State Park, five miles from Oklahoma and on the high ridge called the Winding Stair, has paved sites and full hookups. It is on the Talimena Scenic drive and is well worth a couple of days. Nearby, the Heavener Runestone is worth a visit. (Even if the runes are not genuine Viking runes, they are a darned good imitation.)

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
I know Jet OK is not is the SE part of OK more like North Central. BUT if you have never dug for sand crystals this needs to be on your bucket list. Its a great "free" time

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/oklahoma/crystal-digging-ok/
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Beavers Bend State Park . That area is part of the Ouachita mountains and they go thru Arkansas also. There are a few more . I just go thru that area driving US259 heading to our place up in the Ozarks . It's a pretty drive. Also Queen Willimene (spelling ? ) SP
There is actually 2 State areas there at Beavers Bend, one on the lake ,I understand bigger rig friendly but on the river area it's not for big rigs. I haven't camped there but have driven thru. There at the Hocatown area on 259 lots of private rv parks & lots of traffic trying to get in the restaurants.