cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PALM SPRINGS CA???????

joelyn
Explorer
Explorer
any recommendations for a few campgrounds in Palm Springs Ca for a week or two? Never been there and have no idea about the campgrounds in the area.
THANKS
17 REPLIES 17

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
+1 for Sam's. Stay a few days and move on if you like.

Lakejumper
Explorer
Explorer
Oops...double post.

Moderator - please delete.
Lakejumper

2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
2012 Chevy Equinox

Lakejumper
Explorer
Explorer
I recommend checking out Indian Waters RV Resort in Indio. No freeway or train noise. We stayed in the Desert Hot Springs area for several years and found the weather was better (less wind) on the south side of I-10. We also have stayed at Shadow Hills for quite a few years but found that it also was very noisy with locals riding ATVs, dirt bikes into the evening as well as traffic/freeway noise. However, both RV parks in Indio are conveniently located and are closer to local amenities, attractions.
Lakejumper

2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
2012 Chevy Equinox

jalichty
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Emerald Desert in Palm Desert about three years ago and it was a very pleasant experience. Very clean, nice pools and workout areas. Only downside was the sound from the trains that went through once in a while. Not a big deal as we were a ways from them. Very nicely maintained area and close to everything in the Palm Springs area. The Living Desert museum is a wonderful place to visit and make sure you take the tram to the mountaintop.
John A. Lichty

EdTheEdge
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
EdTheEdge wrote:
Well I guess by westernrvparkowner's non recommendation of Desert Hot Springs the OP should not stay at Sam's or anywhere near there. I withdraw my mention of it.
Your opinion is just as valid as mine. You may very well be right, it could be a great place. But I don't like the Desert Hot Springs. I surely would appreciate input from as many different perspectives as possible if I was requesting information on an area I was unfamiliar with. What I like might very well be repulsive to someone else. I am an unabashed fan of the high end feel of the Outdoor Resorts and like the upscale neighborhoods of Indian Wells, Rancho Mirage and Palm Desert. I also like the funky, mid century revival areas of Palm Springs that scream Sinatra, the Rat Pack and all that was that era. Desert Hot Springs is complete disconnected from that area and is mostly a working class community at best.....

HaRVey - 2013 Thor Chateau 22e

EdTheEdge
Explorer
Explorer
road2002runner wrote:
Supper Vid ED - thanks Pardon me - that would be SUPER

bbt

Glad to be of service!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Stayed at Desert hot springs many years ago.
It was sublime.
Suggest you check out other more recent reviews before deciding.

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Emerald Desert in Palm Desert the past two years. We are leaving next week for our third year. The park is lovely, 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, and very friendly campers. We stayed at the Outdoor Resorts in Cathedral City a couple of times and while it was nice the residents are far and away more friendly at Emerald Desert. The park is well maintained and has lots of activities if you are of a mind to take part.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
EdTheEdge wrote:
Well I guess by westernrvparkowner's non recommendation of Desert Hot Springs the OP should not stay at Sam's or anywhere near there. I withdraw my mention of it.
Your opinion is just as valid as mine. You may very well be right, it could be a great place. But I don't like the Desert Hot Springs. I surely would appreciate input from as many different perspectives as possible if I was requesting information on an area I was unfamiliar with. What I like might very well be repulsive to someone else. I am an unabashed fan of the high end feel of the Outdoor Resorts and like the upscale neighborhoods of Indian Wells, Rancho Mirage and Palm Desert. I also like the funky, mid century revival areas of Palm Springs that scream Sinatra, the Rat Pack and all that was that era. Desert Hot Springs is complete disconnected from that area and is mostly a working class community at best. It is not what many people think of when they think of Palm Springs. My best advice to the OP is to have their relatives scout out various parks if where they are staying is very important to them. If the relatives cannot or will not do that, I would pick a park, make a couple of days reservations and then spend some time making a decision on where to stay for the rest of the time. If they are staying a week, such an exercise is less important than if they are staying a month or more. It really comes down to how important the RV park is to the OP.

EdTheEdge
Explorer
Explorer

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
I've wintered in the Palm Springs area for the past 10+ years. I have been to Desert Hot Springs once. It was my first and definitely last visit (so maybe that counts as two trips). In my opinion, the whole city is a slum. The local news basically runs a loop at the beginning of each news cast "Shooting in Desert Hot Springs...". I have no idea what Sams RV Park is like. It could be incredible, but there is no way the neighbor will be. I would no more stay in Desert Hot Springs than I would stay in the Watts neighborhood of LA. Don't care if the best resort in the world was located there and they were giving me the penthouse suite for free. The OP should ask their relatives if they would recommend staying in Desert Hot Springs. Then, at least, they will have given a face to the name that suggested staying there.

Katman1100
Explorer
Explorer
We just returned from palm springs and like you had never been there. We reserved 1 night at Catlina RV Spa and Resort and ended up staying 4 nights and unfortunately had to leave. We loved it, people in park and staff were extremely friendly. 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, nice showers and restrooms if needed. 6+ pickle ball courts and even free putt putt! Also they advertise at $45/night, but with passport America it is half off. We signed up since it is only $40/year. I believe they said you can stay 2 weeks using passport America pricing.
This is another thread running about palm springs as well that has a lot of recommendations as well.

road2002runner
Explorer
Explorer
Supper Vid ED - thanks Pardon me - that would be SUPER

bbt
I'll NEVER be an "EXPERT" (In math.X is an unknown factor and a "SPURT" is just a drip - under pressure)

Y2K F350 Longbox C.C. SRW, 2WD (BIG BLUE)

2011 COUGAR HC 291RLS

Barry, & Zeah - the "wonder" Sheltie

EdTheEdge
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a couple of short drone videos I took while at Sam's Family Spa a while back. It'll give you a so so look at the RV park.

Drone vid of Sam's

Sam's drone vid #2