cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

pa, grand canyon

poorboy
Explorer
Explorer
want to do a trip to pa. grand canyon, where is the best place to camp with 34 ft. trailer and with full hookups. thank you in advance.
2013 Chevy 2500 CC LTZ D'Max 4x4
2014 Jayco Eagle 298RLDS
2013 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
2017 peterbilt.
Truckin 38 yrs. Car Hauler 25 yrs. Camping my whole life
9 REPLIES 9

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't forget the Grand Canyon Of Kansas. It is only a grader ditch in the Flint Hills but, after a rain the water really runs for up to 30 minutes.

poorboy
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the info, stoney fork sounds ok. not too concerned about keeping kids busy, just me.
Vermilye, thanks for the photo. Everyone stay safe and have fun.
2013 Chevy 2500 CC LTZ D'Max 4x4
2014 Jayco Eagle 298RLDS
2013 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
2017 peterbilt.
Truckin 38 yrs. Car Hauler 25 yrs. Camping my whole life

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
dblr wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
I would use Stoney Fork or the one owned by his son.

Agree with Stony Fork, they did not own the other park when we went, with kids Stony Fork has more to keep them busy, pool, fishing lake but watch for bears at night.

Both have bears, keep your campsite clean of food and food smells. The old farm next to the Canyon Country Campground got their trash raided in the middle of the day, I was a little slow with my camera. Black bears are of little danger to humans, don't let that be a concern.

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:

Agree with Stony Fork, they did not own the other park when we went, with kids Stony Fork has more to keep them busy, pool, fishing lake but watch for bears at night.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
We went there years ago. Check Tanglewood CG. I think that was the name.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
I believe he is looking for information on the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania. I stayed at the Leonard Harrison State Park with electric only hookups. There are links to full hookup campgrounds in the area in the above link, but I haven't stayed at any of them. Here is a photo from my visit:

Seems like every state has its own Grand Canyon - I know NY's is at Letchworth State Park...

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
BTW You might consider a few days at N Rim with a lot less people, but may still be full.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
GC Camper Village, shuttle to the sites is free. Sites normally have a lot of cars and parking can be a problem.

Others like CGs in Williams and take the steam train to the park. And this year you need to check to see what's open.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob