cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Using LP Quick Connect

Ljava
Explorer
Explorer

We have a 2024 Grand Design Imagine with a LP Quick Connect.
We want to use the LP QC with our Weber Q grill.
Is there a way to do this without removing the regulator on the grill?

9 REPLIES 9

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III

I put my grill regulator on a quick connect so I can either use the RV system or a separate bottle.  Also have adapters to use either a 20# bottle or a 1# canister.  

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Ljava
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks all for the feedback. Very very useful. Much appreciated.

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II

The grill wonโ€™t work with 2 regulators in the line (ask me how I know this). You have to remove the regulator at the grill in order to successfully use the RV quick connect system.

on edit: actually it may work, but the flame will be so minuscule as to render it useless.

True.  The manufacturers or grill dealers do not tell you that.  The salesman may not even know. 

We bought a Weber Q at Camping World and the salesman told us Weber redesigned the grill so it will work with 2 regulators.  When I could not get it to work, I took it back to Camping World and a different salesmen was aghast that someone told me that.  

I put the grill regulator on a quick connect and now can switch back and forth between a bottle, a 1# canister, and the RV system.    

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

It depends on where the quick connect has been tapped into the tank. Mine is after the regulator but at the RV show I went to I saw a lot of them tapped in before the regulator. They need to check where their quick connect is tapped into the propane line. If the regulator on the Weber Q screws in they my be able to find the correct hose and adapter on Amazon.

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad

How about a hose from Amazon with the quick connect on one end and the propane tank connection on the other end https://www.amazon.com/GasSaf-Connects-Portable-Appliance-Disconnect/dp/B08FR24943/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2... 

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III

I got a 10lb tank for my grill. They are small and EXPENSIVE!  ๐Ÿ™„

Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III

no.  the good thing about the webberq is the regulator is seperat so you can put it back on easy

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator

You'll need to remove the grills regulator for good gas flow, otherwise you are double regulating the flow and it will be minimal.  I just purchased a small 5lb 1 gallon propane tank for my grill.  Much more fuel than those little green disposable bottles and yet fairly lightweight and plenty of fuel.  

71pzgRizALL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded