cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outer Banks

klaughter
Explorer
Explorer
Recommendations on campgrounds on the Outer Banks of NC. We want to go in mid September. We want full hookups. Suggestions?
Keith & Wanda ๐Ÿ™‚
15 REPLIES 15

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Love Camp Hatteras but haven't been there since the rebuild. Speaking of which, have a back-up plan in mind. That's peak of hurricane season.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

ziplock
Explorer
Explorer
Bumping this thread to the top.

A poster is down there right now, and hoping he hits us up with all that is happening on the Outer Banks!

ttempleton
Explorer
Explorer
KOA was nice
Templeton
2003 DP Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PST

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Camp Hatterus CG, on the ocean side. The CG spans the road, so if you want to be on the bay side with blazing red sunsets you can do that as well. Concrete pads, level and we parked naer the ocean and could hear it every night. The CG also has a pool. Bring bikes as you can bike for ice cream etc. Day trips up and down the road lots of fun. We went in Jly and climbed up the light house. thought I was gonna die. It was a bazillion degrees with no wind. Walked off a few beers that day...
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
klaughter wrote:
Recommendations on campgrounds on the Outer Banks of NC. We want to go in mid September. We want full hookups. Suggestions?

http://www.kittyhawkrv.com/

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
being from Ma campfires on a beach is something we had never experienced and was really nice.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
1jeep wrote:
I didn't have any kids with me either....but at one point my wife did!

One thing I don't think anyone mentions is that you can have campfires on the beach, just fill out a permit at the campground.

good point... i forgot about that

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't have any kids with me either....but at one point my wife did!

One thing I don't think anyone mentions is that you can have campfires on the beach, just fill out a permit at the campground.

avan
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed at all three plus some others. My favorite, by far, is Ocean Waves. I don't have kids so the lack of trampolines and other kids' stuff doesn't bother me.
www.putt10.net

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
either place, they are within walking distance from each other.

We stayed at the KOA and loved it, very nice pool and they have a small quiet beach are on the bay side in addition to the ocean side. We had a pull through with concrete patio area.

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and I stayed at the koa this past November. Enjoyed it. We had a backin against the sandunes. We could hear the waves from inside our camper. It's a large park and I can imagine it would be packed Memorial Day thru September. We have always loved the entire outer banks in general. Very relaxing.

LittleRedGoat
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Camp Hatteras last summer and fell on love with the place. The boys were disappointed when they found out that we were not able to return this year
2018 Chevy 3500 Duramax DRW, 4wd
2008 Dodge Ram 2500, 6.7l, swb, 4wd(old)
2013 V-Cross 295VRK

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Several threads here about OBX. Most have stayed at either the KOA, Camp Hatteras or Ocean Waves. The KOA is ocean side beach camping, although there isn't a view of the ocean from the campground because of the dunes.

Camp Hatteras has sites on the ocean side and on the Pamlico Sound side. The sound side has water view/front sites.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We are also staying at CampHatteras the middle of July. There are 3 families in 3 different RVs. We all have older kids - 11 to 15.

I know that Captain George's in Nags Head has an abundance of seafood - it's all you can eat and with 6 pre-teens and teens, we will be be having at least one dinner out there.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW