Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Orlando for Adults

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all
Heading to Orlando mid October for 4 weeks. We've never been there and would like to check out the amusement parks that are a bit more adult oriented, we're in our 60's. I hear Epcot is one, and Kennedy Space Center, rare there others? Busch Gardens Tampa? .

We are having the 3 grand kids (9,7, and 5) for a week and will do Magic and Animal Kingdoms with them.

Any other appropriate things to see would be appreciated.

Thanks
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA
16 REPLIES 16

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
LEGO land is built at the Old Cypress Garden Park and has beautiful gardens and Park.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, didn't know about Lego land.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
14 Escape 5.0 TA

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget Hollywood Studios in Disney. There are lots of shows that the grandkids are familiar with and lots of the newer Disney Characters are usually in Universal, like Buzz Lightyear, the Monster Inc. Characters, etc.

In Winter Haven, there is Legoland. If your grandkids like Legos, they will love Legoland. Most of their rides are for the 12 and under crowd, so in a few years your grandkids will probably be too old.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

SusanDallas
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, Universal Studios is what I was talking about.

ndrorder
Explorer
Explorer
Shout out for SeaWorld.

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like Universal is 3 parks, are you talking about the one called universal studios?
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
14 Escape 5.0 TA

SusanDallas
Explorer
Explorer
I am 66 years old but you should not miss Universal Studios. It is my first choice every time I go to Orlando. While some of the rides are for thrill seekers,a lot of them are in simulators that make you feel like you are moving even when you are not.
They have back stage tours of movies they are filming. It is an astounding park. Please google the attractions. Even being an adult, the Harry Potter attraction is fascinating and you can ride a broomstick up into the air.

Also a tip if you are going to Orlando. Take morning tours of the time shares. They usually provide a free breakfast and a free ticket to any of the parks. You will still be at the park by the time the gates open. Just be insistent with the time share people that you are not going to make a purchase after the tour.

I went to Orlando several times with a friend and a relative. We would tour a different time share each morning and get our free tickets to the parks. We went to all of the parks this way. This frees up a lot of money to buy souvenirs and go to restaurants.
Please do not miss Universal Studios.

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
ThomBoles wrote:
Check the Epcot Wine Festival if it's still going on when you are there. They get some decent bands that play in the amphitheater in the back of the park. The groups change every couple of days.

I live just outside of St. Pete and honestly have never been to the Tampa Busch Gardens.

Thanks, their web site says it's on till 11/12/18.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
14 Escape 5.0 TA

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Be prepared to walk all day... it seemed like every where I went was a mile each way.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

ThomBoles
Explorer
Explorer
Check the Epcot Wine Festival if it's still going on when you are there. They get some decent bands that play in the amphitheater in the back of the park. The groups change every couple of days.

I live just outside of St. Pete and honestly have never been to the Tampa Busch Gardens.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Manatees
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

vjstangelo
Explorer
Explorer
EPCOT World Showcase is very nice. We also like exploring the hotels.
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Animal Kingdom is another BUT if you do Magic Kingdom first all the others will be BORING!!!
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

mkstn1400
Explorer
Explorer
Mount Dora and Lake Dora pontoon boat tour. The kids an you will enjoy it.