cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

lobsters in Maine

elidodge
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to Maine on our fall foalage seeing trip. We are planning on visiting Free Port Maine, Any ideas on where to get Lobsters ? Things to see ?
Thanks Bobby
11 REPLIES 11

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
mkc wrote:
In Freeport, Day's south of town or Harraseeket Lunch and Lobster. Both will be a tad less touristy. Both are counter service and picnic tables.

X2 for Harraseeket

But be aware that parking is very tight there - unless you're in a van or p/u camper, I would not take an RV there.
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
I 95 north Main Exit 2. Warrens Lobster House under the bridge. You will not be disappointed. Its a stop and eat place on the river. Just the best. https://www.lobsterhouse.com/
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Years ago we bought Maine lobsters from a lady whose T shirt said "Lobsters Love a Good Bottom". That said it all... :B
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
If your going to Freeport, just go to Linda Beanโ€™s little booth next to LL Beanโ€™s main store and get the BEST lobster roll you will ever have. Delicious.

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
Lobster prices are very high this year.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Back years ago we were staying near Bar Harbor and were amazed at the number of places selling lobster. There were places selling lobsters there like selling boiled peanuts in Georgia. However, nowadays, the prices are much higher than they were back then. ๐Ÿ˜‰
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
In Freeport, Day's south of town or Harraseeket Lunch and Lobster. Both will be a tad less touristy. Both are counter service and picnic tables.

If you are headed that way at this time of year, do be sure you have reservations and keep in mind most if not all parks and campgrounds will be closed by Columbus Day (many even earlier).
2017 LTV Unity

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to save money then follow the advice of ACCSYS. If you want the EXPERIENCE of eating lobster then hit one of the roadside restaurants with outdoor seating. Get fries and slaw to go with it. You can't go wrong with MOST of them. I don't know what other towns you might be in but I would NOT go to Ogunquit Lobster Pound. Our last couple of visits were not good.

DISCLAIMER: I do not eat lobster but I am the only one in the family who does not. The above recommendations are based on family input!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
If you stay at Lamoine State Park, you can have live or steamed lobsters delivered to your site.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
When we visited Maine and wanted a "take-out" lobster, we found the grocery stores such as Hannaford or Shaws were the best deal. You buy the live lobster by the pound, they steam it and you take it to your rig and eat it. The DW loves lobster and this was her favorite source. She always got a two-pound lobster and enjoyed it very much.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
Anywhere. There are "famous" places to get various lobster dishes, like the Maine Diner in Wells for lobster pie and Red's in Wiscasset for a lobster roll (lines around the block), but getting lobs in Maine is like getting crab in Maryland.

When in Freeport, visit LL Bean an take a pic with the big boot. Don't miss Acadia.