cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kanab Utah

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
Looking like I will be in Kanab Utah for a day the beginning of May, my daughter is doing a 5 week internship at Best Friends Animal sanctuary. I am driving her out there mom daughter trip and then flying home from Las Vegas, spending a couple days also in Vegas. Just wondering what the weather is like at that time of the year?
2012 F250 CC,FX4, Metallic blue/Silver
2012 Cruiser Patriot 345RF ๐Ÿ™‚ campers mom, dad
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3
7 REPLIES 7

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
We camped at one of the two RV sites at Best Friends in early May several years ago. Woke to find it was 24 degrees outside and the water hose frozen. Warmed up nicely after a few hours and did not repeat the rest of the stay.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Uppercrust wrote:
Looking like I will be in Kanab Utah for a day the beginning of May, my daughter is doing a 5 week internship at Best Friends Animal sanctuary. I am driving her out there mom daughter trip and then flying home from Las Vegas, spending a couple days also in Vegas. Just wondering what the weather is like at that time of the year?

IMHO, weather should be great - Remember Kanab is at a much higher elevation and is usually cooler. While it can be warm, it can also get pretty cool - one year driving my son to LA we stopped to see the North Rim and have Breakfast at the Lodge on the edge of the North Rim, to be greeted with 6" of Fresh SNOW on the 6th of June. Truly spectacular to see all those Rocks contrasted with the white Snow - might be one of the reasons I am so fond of the North Rim.

Can't say that Vegas will be anything but pretty warm - But you will love Kanab in early June.

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
God bless your daughter. We have been there twice and also volunteer at a no kill animal shelter where we live.

Weather should be just fine.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
We visited it back in 2005, she definetely loves animals and is very excited for this oopurtunity.
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Best Friends is awesome. She'll love it if she hasn't been there already.

Early May should be in the mid to high 80's but towards the end it could reach high 90's.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
We spend quite a bit of time out at Lake Powell, which is roughly the same area.

April/May highs are often in the 80's, lows seem to be in the 60's. One of my favorite times of year. Only down side is that you can get some pretty tough wind storms.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010