cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jacksonville Florida Ideas!

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
We will be heading to Jacksonville and staying at Hanna park in mid February. Not ever being to Jacksonville before I would love ideas of places to see and do and also some great oceanfront restaurants. Thanks!
God Bless and Happy Traveling!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
15 REPLIES 15

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Go to St. Augustine and take a trolley tour. You can get on an off at different stops. Tour the Lightner museum and distillery. Do the tour there and at the end you can sample their products. I recommend asking to try the gin neat.

There is a great CG on A1A called North Beach Resort. Look it up and consider it for future stays.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Showme_5vr
Explorer
Explorer
Singleton's Seafood Shack in Mayport. Great food and right on the river.
Steve & Judy 2023 RAM 3500 6.7L Cummins HO Crew Cab LWB, 2017 Grand Design Reflections 337RLS
Lifetime Good Sam Member

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your input! We are looking forward to go up there and try your suggestions! Thank you again!
God Bless and Happy Traveling!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you make St Augustine & haven't been there numerous times, I suggest taking a segway tour of the city. Not only are they fun to ride but the guide explains a world of information, from history to places to eat, park, and anything else you might ask or want to know. Well worth the money, at least for us!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just being sorta silly, but right now snow skiing might be an idea. ๐Ÿ˜‰
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Explorer
Explorer
The Zoo. A pretty good one.
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
Tour the Jaguars Stadium(NFL) home ,Near Mayport there is a place called Seafood kitchen, great food priced reasonable. when we camp at hanna park its our Go to place, enjoy
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
1.Fort Caroline National Memorial, 1st European settlement in North America before St. Augustine.
2.Kingsley Plantation well preserved sea island cotton plantation
3.Fort Clinch

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also take the car ferry at Mayport and go tour the Kingsley Plantation a National Park.

Jax has a few places that made it on Diners Drive ins and Dives.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
There's a pizza chain called Mellow Mushroom that's one of our favorites. It's not just in Jacksonville, so it's not a "local eats" kind of place, but my hometown didn't have them and it is a treat for us to find one.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mayport Safe Harbor and Jax Beach Safe Harbor are awesome seafood restaurants.

There are lots of good restaurants in Jax.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
RGar974417 wrote:
The old Spanish fort is pretty neat.We also went to the zoo.

That about sums up my first thoughts on Jax. Go down to St Augustine as a day trip and visit the Alligator Farm which is better than it sounds. Feb might be a bit early but when the birds are nesting (big egrets and such) they have boardwalks that let you walk within a few feet of the nests. There are all sorts of other touristy things to do in Augustine as well. Just walking around the downtown area for a start.

Jax is not a tourist orientated town.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Take a run down to St Augustine too, at least for a day. Very historic, art galleries, waterfront, Historic CASTILLO DE San Marcos Fort.

Eat at Harry's - a bit pricey, but excellent.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
This past May we stayed at Hanna Park - visited the Museum of Science and History (MOSH) in Jacksonville, and also toured around Amelia Island. Nice time! ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's