Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Horse campers

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody run into these folks before?

What an entourage this is. 5 horses (yes 5) , 3 dogs, 3 people in this Beverly Hillbillies' trailer pulled by an aging pickup. They brought their own horse corral and set it up right in the campsite. I felt sorry for the horses.. no shade, and when travelling crammed into that tight space in back.

I'm really not sure why management would let this in in the first place. Perhaps they lied. 5 horses can make a real mess of a campsite. I'm not sure I'd want to be the next occupants.

A couple Rangers came around the next day, talked to them for quite a while, and this morning they packed up and left.

"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman
24 REPLIES 24

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
pnichols wrote:
FWIW, this costs way, way more than a Prevost and can go to way, way more places than a Prevost can go to. And if you're a horse person it can pull a 4-or-more horse trailer way, way back in there where a Prevost can't go.

You just gotta be a farmer/rancher who gets govt. subsidies in order to afford it ๐Ÿ˜‰ :

https://earthroamer.com/hd/

Ranching is a marginal economic enterprise. People get few if any subsides. My Dad had a ranch for 30 years. We keep ranching until the money was all gone.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
FWIW, this costs way, way more than a Prevost and can go to way, way more places than a Prevost can go to. And if you're a horse person it can pull a 4-or-more horse trailer way, way back in there where a Prevost can't go.

You just gotta be a farmer/rancher who gets govt. subsidies in order to afford it ๐Ÿ˜‰ :

https://earthroamer.com/hd/
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Tom/Barb wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:
My wife raises, sells and shows Percheron Draft horses so I'm not even touching this thread except to say if you aren't a horse person you have no business critiquing something you don't know anything about.

Not everyone can afford a Prevost.

Yeah That.

HAHAHA, not everyone wants a Prevost either. Says all the 4x4 truck camper owners !!! And we can tow horses too, if we choose ๐Ÿ™‚
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Hondavalk
Explorer
Explorer
Would rather be one of their horses then any of these.

"The Associated Press, state racing jurisdictions reported more than 1,200 horse deaths at Thoroughbred racetracks in 2008 โ€” some involving breeds other than Thoroughbreds. There were similar totals for the five years before that."

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Horse people like to travel with their animals. These people are using theirs and they are not standing around like lawn ornaments. They are being taken care of. Best to mind your own business.

Horses are often tied to the trailer or even left in the trailer. Having a corral shows that these people care about their animals. if you don't know anything about horses, don't make a lot of judgements.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
My wife raises, sells and shows Percheron Draft horses so I'm not even touching this thread except to say if you aren't a horse person you have no business critiquing something you don't know anything about.

Yeah That.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Tom/Barb wrote:
2oldman wrote:
Yes, they were undercover testing the 10-year-old rig and 1 horse rule..
Who are you to judge how old some ones equipment should be?
No sense of humor today?

It was 2 middle aged overweight women and one older one with missing teeth. So I kinda doubt it was ICE agents.

Now you are criticizing peoples looks, and posting opinions on subjects you have no clue about.
How do you know you are not talking about some bodies wife.

Sure makes you sound like a high end snob.

No I don't have a sense of humor about people belittling other people.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Rangerider wrote:
PCT Equestrian Support Team ?
Something like that, yes.

Rangerider
Explorer
Explorer
PCT Equestrian Support Team ?
Me & the Wife
2012 Thor Hurricane 32A
Future Toad: 2008 Honda CR-V

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:
Who do you think does the most of the hunting for MJ farms?.
Now there's a colossal waste of time.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:
2oldman wrote:
No sense of humor today?

It was 2 middle aged overweight women and one older one with missing teeth. So I kinda doubt it was ICE agents.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Tom/Barb wrote:

Sounds to me like you complain about a situation you don't understand.
Looks to me like you don't have anything better to do today. ICE and border patrol.. that's funny.

Yes I do, just got done feeding the horses.
Who do you think does the most of the hunting for MJ farms?

A. contractors on horse back.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:

Our kids polo club put 14 horses in a goose neck trailer gear and all, It worked great the trailer was near 15 years old.