cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Government Shutdown Quartzsite LTVAs

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
For those interested, the entry offices at the Quartzsite Long Term Visitor Areas are closed for the shutdown, but the entrances are open, as are the vault toilets, water fill stations & dump station.
26 REPLIES 26

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
A sure sign that the BLM is furloughed is the hundreds of campers out on Plamosa Road camping out of bounds beyond the 3 mile marker. A definite no-no in normal years.
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
More people now then in the last 3 years. In and around "Q". Dome rock many small Rv cities. State Trust land HAS many Rv's. Dumpsters ARE being empty and kept up. The North is better the then the south. The trucks ARE COMING, but sometimes CANNOT pick it up, because of the STUPID PEOPLE placing it in front of the dumpsters. The City and Volunteers came out to clean and Remove the garbarg from in front of the dumpsters. Been here since the 15th.
Now instead of asking COME OUT and SEE for yourself, and get the real truth
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

Happy_Prospecto
Explorer
Explorer
No not really any new info except the BLM again did not schedule any extra dumpsters for use during the show and the dumpsters are overflowing again between garbage pickups. It's been like this for the 5 years I have been wintering in Quartzsite. The BLM just can't figure it out, that more people produce more garbage. But life goes on and we are having killer Sunrises and Sunsets. And when you're retired everyday is a Saturday!
Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er, 1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler, 2019 Polaris Ranger
Bob, the Yorkie Terrier helping me prospect til the money runs out

SFVdave
Explorer
Explorer
Anything new to report on Quartzsite and the shutdown? Anyone out there yet?

SFVdave
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear the LTVA is open. We want to check out the Battle Born Batteries there. Hopefully, they will be discounted and loan hand carts to take to your vehicle .

QuartzsiteRain
Explorer
Explorer
All FIVE 14-day free camping areas are open in Quartzsite. LTVAs are also open for camping. The Kiosk information centers at LTVAs are closed, but folks can enter and camp. Register and pay when government reopens. Water and dump remains open. Just know that conditions may change at any time. Rangers are making their rounds. Trash bins fill and get emptied. Campers are encouraged to take their trash to the transfer station north of town, off Hwy. 95 near the sewer plant- for free. Quartzsite Police and Town Hall are in supporting roles as in January 2018 shutdown. Traffic is picking up and all the shows are opening! Big Tent is up, opens Jan. 19.

SFVdave
Explorer
Explorer
Is it just the LTVA that's closed and is Scadden Wash open?

BoonHauler
Explorer
Explorer
Dumpsters at La Posa South are full again ...... =(
05 RAM 3500 CTD 4x4 Q/C Laramie DRW/NV5600/3.73, B&W Gooseneck, MaxBrake, PacBrake PRXB, Brite Box Fogster, BD steering Box Brace
2014 BoonHauler 3614

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
socal wrote:
2oldman wrote:
What's the coyote situation like at Holt?
0Well I assume you mean the four-legged type and I have seen none since I've been here. I've been here almost two months now.
Lol..yeah. Excellent, thanks.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

socal
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:

Well I assume you mean the four-legged type and I have seen none since I've been here. I've been here almost two months now.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer

socal
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
socal wrote:
Camp Hosts are at Hotsprings and I'm assuming they are collecting money. Trash dumpsters empty and the toilets by the springs open.
That's great. I plan a stay there after the 1st. Let's hope it stays open.

Lot of folks are staying here I don't see the Camp Post telling everybody they need to leave. Camp hosts are nice folks

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
socal wrote:
Camp Hosts are at Hotsprings and I'm assuming they are collecting money. Trash dumpsters empty and the toilets by the springs open.
That's great. I plan a stay there after the 1st. Let's hope it stays open.

socal
Explorer
Explorer