cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Family Niagara Falls Campgrounds (US side)

el_jefe1
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking to spend a couple of nights at Niagara Falls this summer, looking for campground recommendations on the US side. We're limited to the US side because we have foster kids with us so we can't cross the border with them at all. Favorite family campgrounds in the area for a family with kids?
2018 Keystone Passport 3290bh
2007 Chevy Express 3500
Me, the Wife, and a whole bunch of kids
8 REPLIES 8

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
We stayed at Four Mile Creek SP last August, pretty nice CG, far more secluded than staying near near/in town, unless that's important to you, not a very long drive to the falls.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
wife and i stayed at branches of niagara this past september. very nice park. if you plan on visiting the falls and have a passport spend a day on the canadian side. better scenery. fyi parking is expensive on either side.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Another Four Mile Creek SP suggestion. Just know that the sites are electric only.

However, they have water spigots through out the campground. The office staff tells people camping next to them that as long as they put a "Y" on the spigot and leave an open side, they can stay hooked up to water. We saw one spigot near the back of the campground that had 3, if not 4, "Y" splitters on it!

Dump station is at the front of the park - paved and decent.

It was well worth going without to save money. I think it was $35/night vs. almost $100/night when I went last summer.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure a visit to the falls is on your agenda, so it's worth noting that a stay at Four Mile Creek SP includes free parking at Niagara Falls SP and Fort Niagara SP.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
This post reminds me of a story...

A guy I used to work with decided to take his family, and the German exchange student staying with them, on a day trip to Niagara Falls. Just before arriving at the MI/CA border he realized the German girl's passport was at home. Rather than abandon the trip, he decided to wing it and hope nobody would notice that he had a non citizen minor child with no identification of any sort sitting in the back seat.

BAD idea. They were detained at the border for several hours, and Bill was informed on no uncertain terms that human trafficking was a serious crime in Canada.

They were released after a few hours of sweating.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

AdamBryner2012
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Branches of Niagara Campground & Resort for a week while at Niagra this summer. Great park for the kids. Zip lines, and all sorts of games/activities.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Consider Four Mile Creek State Park:
https://parks.ny.gov/parks/6/
You'll save a few bucks compared to private campgrounds and you'll be on Lake Ontario. It's just a short ride to Niagara Falls and also close to Youngstown or Lewiston if you're looking for a restaurant or grocery store and other shops. But make reservations as soon as possible, especially if you are planning to be there on a weekend. There is also a KOA in Lewiston which I'm pretty sure is less expensive than the one on Grand Island and in a much quieter location. And, again, 15-30 drive into the Falls depending on where you are going.

Our first RV camping took place at Four Mile Creek back in 1988 after we purchased a slightly used Starcraft Meteor pop-up camper. Our boys were 4 and 8, and it was a great Memorial Day weekend. We still have fond memories of that trip and the many family campouts and trips that followed. Bless you for taking in foster children and sharing your love with them! Have a great trip!
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Branches and KOA both on Grand Island. You'll have to look at each web site and decide for yourself. We have never been to either one, but looks like we may be heading that way in Aug. For us, it appears that Branches will be the better of the 2 as it will be DW and 19 yo DS w/ me. Falls nearby, Anchor/Duff's bars nearby (always fightin' as to has the best/orig chicken wings. Letchworth State park/ Darien Lake (6 Flags) within a couple hour drive as well as Allegheny State park.

Perhaps Rob from western NY can chime in and help out here.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"